Skip to main content
Topic: Kade Simpson 200 games (Read 8150 times) previous topic - next topic

Kade Simpson 200 games

Kade Simpson plays his 200th game this week in the semi-final against Sydney.

Let's hope the boys can play to their best this week and make the occasion a memorable one for him.

He certainly deserves it, great courage, great leader and always puts in. Inspirational.

Well played Kade. :)

Re: Kade Simpson 200 games

Reply #1
Well, if we ever needed something to get that extra 1% - this would be it. Heart and soul player. Who would have ever thought that skinny, almost runty, kid who didn't get near the ball on his first three outings would get this far. Fantastic story.

Reply #2
What a true blue blooded Carltonian is Simpson!

Reply #3
Simpson is a true championof the club! Well done Kade!!

Probably would've played 200 straight if it wasn't for Sharron!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #4
I remember his first game thinking " wow, there's not much of him, hope he fills out"

He never did but it didn't matter.

I also remember him playing some uninspiring games early on the wing and forward  and thinking "what does this guy bring to the table"  then (and I can't remember the game but I think we were getting smashed till half time) and Pagan put him on the ball and he played out of his skin, particularly from centre bounces. Broke tackles, had bounces, got smashed but kept going, it was a sign of things to come.

I think that's his secret, he needs to be in the action and given a licence.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5
A great clubman and recently in some of the best form of his career with us - hope we do it for him this week and he has a great game!

Well done Simmo!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
 Your no mug to play 200 games.. Love this bloke and always have Heart and Soul player of our club...Even Jamie will congratulate him on this wonderful effort i'm sure.

Reply #7
Super player Simmo and well deserved 200 gamer. Plays with the sort of skill and courage that you just have to sit back and admire.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #8
Banner should read; From 0-0-0 to 200

Reply #9
Fantastic effort from of the most underrated players in the AFL.

Well done mate !

Note how Jamo referred to him as a spiritual leader - Captain anyone ?

Reply #10
Can't think of a player who deserves a Premiership medal around his neck more than this guy.  Came into the team at rock bottom and gave his best every year.   

Congrats on 200 Simmo.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #11

Well done mate !

No, you don't need the title to play the role, IMO he is a very good support to Murph who will be around a lot longer than what Simmo has left.

BTW Congrats to Simmo !! For a pick 65 (I think it was!) he has done very well, as the saying goes, it not how you start that matters, it's how you finish, and Simmo is finishing beautifully !!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #12
I remember his first game thinking " wow, there's not much of him, hope he fills out"

He never did but it didn't matter.

I also remember him playing some uninspiring games early on the wing and forward  and thinking "what does this guy bring to the table"  then (and I can't remember the game but I think we were getting smashed till half time) and Pagan put him on the ball and he played out of his skin, particularly from centre bounces. Broke tackles, had bounces, got smashed but kept going, it was a sign of things to come.

I think that's his secret, he needs to be in the action and given a licence.

First game I remember of him was against the Pies. We were rank underdogs and he and Bentick played blinders.
Was nothing of him then.....and not so much more now but gee he's been one hell of a player for us. ;)
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #13
IMO, pound for pound the bravest player in the AFL.

Reply #14

Well done mate !

No, you don't need the title to play the role, IMO he is a very good support to Murph who will be around a lot longer than what Simmo has left.

BTW Congrats to Simmo !! For a pick 65 (I think it was!) he has done very well, as the saying goes, it not how you start that matters, it's how you finish, and Simmo is finishing beautifully !!!

Pick 45.