Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 66752 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #60
@ MIO

Can you get odds on us winning it in years beyond next year - e.g. 2019 or 2020? Mind you, I wouldn't want to go too far into the future, just in case - I've already stopped buying green bananas.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
I think at someone like William Hill you might be able to Cookie.
They like to deal (at least in the UK) in exotics.

For example they would be the place you would go if you wanted to bet that one day Miranda Kerr will become the queen of Monaco, or that an asteroid will land in the Simpson desert.

So they would likely be willing for form a market for Carlton to win a flag and I would think you could also choose between..
Carlton will win the 2020 flag or Carlton will win a flag by the end of the 2020 season.

It can be a fun way to have a small flutter and have the bet 'live' for a very long time.
I usually bet with Ladbrokes (i say usually, but it is between 1-10 times a year).

I might actually see if they will frame a Charlie Curnow Brownlow / Carlton Premiership for just a fiver.
That would have to be at least 4000/1.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #62
I think at someone like William Hill you might be able to Cookie.
They like to deal (at least in the UK) in exotics.

For example they would be the place you would go if you wanted to bet that one day Miranda Kerr will become the queen of Monaco, or that an asteroid will land in the Simpson desert.

So they would likely be willing for form a market for Carlton to win a flag and I would think you could also choose between..
Carlton will win the 2020 flag or Carlton will win a flag by the end of the 2020 season.

It can be a fun way to have a small flutter and have the bet 'live' for a very long time.
I usually bet with Ladbrokes (i say usually, but it is between 1-10 times a year).

I might actually see if they will frame a Charlie Curnow Brownlow / Carlton Premiership for just a fiver.
That would have to be at least 4000/1.

Thanks for that MIO. Sounds like this could be fun!  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63

Boy's turned into a monster ;D

Reply #65

Boy's turned into a monster ;D

It would be interesting to see what North are doing with the twin brother. Compare their progress, both in the system for the same amount of time under two different regimes.

Reply #66
Thanks for sharing the link to the photos.
I tell you what, the single best thing about having a team of young kids is that you see so much change in the off season. It is like you are watching almost your entire team as they transition into men and you can see where Paddy Dow, O'Brien and Shumacher are likely to be in a couple of years.

When I talked about going right back to square and trading out all of our players, one of the biggest arguments was that you will lose so many members because they need to see the team winning etc.

To me, what is happening now ... I am freaking excited and if we had stripped back further and had another 2-3 young guns in there, well I would be even more excited.

Right at this very moment, I feel like Carlton is on the right track and whilst that may or may not result in wins this year, I feel extremely positive for the future and I have not felt like this for a number of years
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #67
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/gallery/2017-12-17/open-training-on-sunshine-coast#cf05cb5c9d260610VgnVCM200000af19030aRCRD

A few in there of Ben Silvagni. Looks a taller, more solid type than his older brother....

But yeah, Harry. simply bloody wow.

A 204+ cm beast.
Cheers FB, great pics. Does Patty Kerr have some sort of a skin condition?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #68
Cheers FB, great pics. Does Patty Kerr have some sort of a skin condition?

Needs a hat and more cream, he is very fair/red and should watch himself in the sun, my wifes cousin has vitiligo which causes
white patches...a melanin problem, maybe he has similar..

Reply #69
A lot can happen in 12 months!!

Reply #70
I asked Ladbrokes to include Curnow on their board for Charlie and they have started him up at 100/1.
Geez that is fairly short when you consider he wasn't on the board yesterday and there are players at 250/1 and even Ryder is 150/1.

I would have though Charlie would be around 400/1 which I think he would be on Betfair.

I also asked if they can provide a quote on Carlton to win a flag by the end of 2020. Interesting to see what they come back with
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #71
I asked Ladbrokes to include Curnow on their board for Charlie and they have started him up at 100/1.
Geez that is fairly short when you consider he wasn't on the board yesterday and there are players at 250/1 and even Ryder is 150/1.

I would have though Charlie would be around 400/1 which I think he would be on Betfair.

I also asked if they can provide a quote on Carlton to win a flag by the end of 2020. Interesting to see what they come back with

I'm not a punter but I think I could be tempted to wager a modest amount on an unlikely but entirely possible outcome. 

Charlie's odds of 100/1 are very short ... but Ladbrokes may have done their homework :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #73
I'm not a punter but I think I could be tempted to wager a modest amount on an unlikely but entirely possible outcome. 

Charlie's odds of 100/1 are very short ... but Ladbrokes may have done their homework :)

Either am I these days. I was never a really big punter, but liked a flutter, now I just mainly like novelty bets for a couple of dollars for fun, knowing they can't win, but getting a good laugh out of the possibility.
Goals for 2017
=============