Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis  (Read 42628 times) previous topic - next topic

Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis

Yes I know there's a minute to go - stuff it.

I think the euphoria of our win last week gave some people around here funny ideas. We were NEVER a chance against the Swans. We were gifted a place in the finals after a very average year. and we played an average and inexperienced team first up. Tonight was the yardstick, and we got an accurate measure of where we're at. I was hoping for another "honourable loss".

In a way, I'm glad this happened, because it gives me greater hope that the blowtorch will be applied to EVERYBODY, players and coaches, because they all stunk it up tonight. Players were crap, and so was Mick's coaching.

Don't let the junk time goals fool you. With their early injuries, Swans were never going to run out the game. They busted their balls to get a winning lead and hoped to play keepings off in the last.

And I hope Jamo's ok.

Re: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis

Reply #1
Scotto looked cooked, I reckon he will retire!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Bad luck blues!

Adios amigos!

Reply #4
You can't win a finals game only playing one and a half quarters of good footy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #5
39 tackles in 4 quarters. F$uck me.
Keep the Faith

Reply #6
Not a great way to finish, but at least we didn't give up and get pounded. The last quarter was .... junk time, but at least it looked like we cared.

McVeigh with 41 possessions simply killed us. He always seems to. We need to work out some way of flattening him next time. We also need more talent, more faith and self belief, better coaching and everyone on the same page.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
39 tackles in 4 quarters. F$uck me.

That is what killed it for me. We were soft and lazy. Should have lost by much more, even though we had more scoring shots.

Reply #8
The crosses have been constructed and erected - let the crucifixions begin.  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
Little did those people know that calling us the "Bradbury Blues" could be so apt.

I just wanted to see a game of footy - not ice skating.  I know the conditions were the same for both teams but you could see navy blue players slipping over in the periphery of almost every frame.

What a horrible year it's been for the AFL.  Two teams in Sydney but STILL no suitable ground. Bl00dy pathetic.

And yeah, let the clean out begin.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #11
Thanks Hirdy, you gave Mick a leg up this year.

He's had the chance to see players in finals so any trade he wants to make go for it but no BE excuses next year we must be a top 8 side as a bare minimum.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #12
Swans way too good. Deserved the win. Yaz looked disinterested, casboult had zero impact. Didn't expect the win but disappointed with some of tge efforts

Reply #13
The gulf in class between the sides and the state of the ground made it an embarrassing night for the AFL.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #14
208 quarters in finals and we hand him his first no score in a quarter in all that time. Mind you the Swans did the same in the last. Not an entertaining game at all. Too many passengers for us tonight.