Topic: New skipper (Read 8104 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New skipper

Reply #15
Exactly what Doc did...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
WOW !!!
Imagine if they breed, we’ll have three of them at training ! ????????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #17
So bringing up an old thread....has anyone heard anything about Bri Davey leaving?

Last i heard i think it was jumping ship to the pies, or the new start up club North Melbourne (or even Geelong)

Can we trade her to Collingwood for Steph? Captain for captain swap? Seems fair.  :D

For the third year in a row we will have a new captain.  :-\

Reply #18
It's early days, so there will always be teething issues, although granted, we seem to have enough of those to freely give to the entire competition.

Reply #19
Interesting to read Kearney have left he Dogs to join Norp.

The AFLW Draft and Trade rules seem to promote this, last season it was Nicola Stevens joining us, this year Kearney leaves the Dogs after winning a flag.

We just have to get used to this and expect more of it, it's the only way the girls can get decent remuneration under the current terms and conditions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Interesting to read Kearney have left he Dogs to join Norp.

The AFLW Draft and Trade rules seem to promote this, last season it was Nicola Stevens joining us, this year Kearney leaves the Dogs after winning a flag.

We just have to get used to this and expect more of it, it's the only way the gilrs can get decent remuneration under the current terms and conditions.

Yep thats about the size of it.

Clubs can probably double these girls wages and still retain the same level of competitiveness.

What will be interesting is how we respond.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #21
Yep thats about the size of it.

Clubs can probably double these girls wages and still retain the same level of competitiveness.

What will be interesting is how we respond.

I think what goes down with the coaching situation will have a massive bearing on our clubs trade fortunes, probably very bad timing for us, but I don't know the details so I cannot judge the decision.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
The Hun reports the Pies have thrown the kitchen sink at our Captain!

Quid Pro Quo Clarice Nicola!

While I don't want to see Bri leave, is this Chiocci's chance to come on home! ;D

It would certainly go some way to addressing our midfield issues! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
The Hun reports the Pies have thrown the kitchen sink at our Captain!

Quid Pro Quo Clarice Nicola!

While I don't want to see Bri leave, is this Chiocci's chance to come on home! ;D

Not surprised. Based on their recent recruiting types, our Murph would tick all their boxes.

Reply #24
If Bri is determined to leave, I'd prefer her to go to one of the established clubs as they would presumably have to trade for her. I'm more worried about her going to a new start up if they get freebies like GWS and Gold Coast got in the mens.

Bri is arguably the best player in the comp when fit, if Pies want her, tell them we'll take Chloe Molloy and Jassy Garner, with Steph as icing on the cake.

Reply #25
Bri is arguably the best player in the comp when fit, if Pies want her, tell them we'll take Chloe Molloy and Jassy Garner, with Steph as icing on the cake.

Do we have any doubts about her recovery from the knee issue.

Subjectively, based on my relatives who have high level involvement in netball, it seems to be a lot harder for the girls to return to full form following knee problems. Not sure if this is backed up by evidence, but it seems a higher percentage of girls get those injuries and then never really recover from them.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
She's the most valuable "Carlton player"...men's or women's team.
We cant afford to lose her.
Not sure how you could compensate us for that loss. :(

Reply #27

I'll take Grundy, Moore and Chiocci.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28

Is she though Lods??

I know her impact on the women is immense, but Vescio and Harris are the cornerstone of our forwardline for a generation and Bree has broken down quite significantly.

This could be a blessing in disguise but IMHO, the move to make her captain might have been an attempt to placate her and keep her around which clearly hasnt worked.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson