Skip to main content
Topic: 2000 or bust (Read 5204 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2000 or bust

Reply #15
We need a fully fit forward line, including an emerging Harry McKay to even think about the 2000 mark.
or
alternatively we need an out of nowhere Liam Jones style repurposing from someone up forward....but i'm not sure we have that on our list.

I hope we just leave Harry in the team this year no matter what form he's in. I'm thinking of Charlie at the start of last year. He really battled for form. We kept faith and were rewarded in the last half of the year.

Reply #16
I hope we just leave Harry in the team this year no matter what form he's in. I'm thinking of Charlie at the start of last year. He really battled for form. We kept faith and were rewarded in the last half of the year.

I tend to agree....at this level, we know it's all between the ears andconfidence is a remarkable thing...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17

Curnow was dead lucky early that injuries and poor form kept him in the team!

For a club to have unity and focus you have to always reward good form, no matter who or when it is and no matter who gets the chop!

Even if it means a selection is unbalanced, there is nothing worse for a player on the fringe to be tearing the lower level apart only to hear he has no spot due to team balance while someone struggling retains a spot! It destroys club unity!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18

For a club to have unity and focus you have to always reward good form, no matter who or when it is and no matter who gets the chop!

Even if it means a selection is unbalanced, there is nothing worse for a player on the fringe to be tearing the lower level apart only to hear he has no spot due to team balance while someone struggling retains a spot! It destroys club unity!

Curnow being evidence that sticking with a guy you know has got the goods also has merit. Balancing act.

Reply #19
Curnow being evidence that sticking with a guy you know has got the goods also has merit. Balancing act.

It was a luxury they had because fans had almost zero expectations in 2017, they don't have that luxury in 2018!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Blues to kick 85 - 95 points for the win.

8 goal scorers....  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #21
AFL tables is the best source for stats.
Gives complete breakdowns and match stats going back a fair way

Reply #22

My guess is we will play tall the same as we did in the JLT series with all of SOS, Curnow, Mackay and Casboult in the forward line.

If that is to be the case, Kerr will have to be kicking bags of goals every week for your concerns to be a reality. Although that would be a great problem to have!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!