Skip to main content
Topic: Goaltracker 2018 (Read 31658 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Goaltracker 2018

Reply #60
Footy clubs should be able to detect and manage issues such as those that derailed Yazza’s career.

Pure speculation on my part but I reckon the turning point in Yazza’s career/life was triggered by the comments Carrazzo made when he was suspended for clocking Chapman.

Agreed. Yarran drew a line in the sand that day but our team of pansies didn't follow.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #61
Agreed. Yarran drew a line in the sand that day but our team of pansies didn't follow.

Chapman obviously said something highly offensive to Yazz to cause such a reaction, which I'd never witnessed him get anywhere near before. I was at the game and I just could not believe what I was seeing. I don't know what went on behind the scenes afterwards but anything that needed to be said to him needed to be said in private rather than via public commentary.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
Pure speculation on my part but I reckon the turning point in Yazza’s career/life was triggered by the comments Carrazzo made when he was suspended for clocking Chapman.

Are you referring to comments like those in the following two links ? If so, they seem like fairly standard AFL fare when a player is rubbed out.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/yarran-punch-let-carlton-down-carrazzo

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/chris-yarran-punch-let-carlton-down-andrew-carrazzo-20150419-1moaqs.html

Reply #63

I have stated before that we play like we are worried about getting back home safely!

We play like we think that if we are nice they will be nice too!

All it does is leave us the victim of the bully!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
Chapman obviously said something highly offensive to Yazz to cause such a reaction, which I'd never witnessed him get anywhere near before. I was at the game and I just could not believe what I was seeing. I don't know what went on behind the scenes afterwards but anything that needed to be said to him needed to be said in private rather than via public commentary.

I watched the whole thing. Chapman was cracking him with some pretty decent jumper punches and Yarran had enough.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #65
I watched the whole thing. Chapman was cracking him with some pretty decent jumper punches and Yarran had enough.

There is a story about Yazza on a junior Indigenous footy trip to South Africa.  He was bailed up by a local with a knife and proceeded to drop him with a left to the head.  I suspect that he could only be pushed so far, particularly if he had other issues troubling him.

Chapman whinged about being hit and completely ignored his provocative jumper punches.  Carrazzo should have been more supportive in his public comments and, at the very least, talked about Chapman’s provocation.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66
Chapman whinged about being hit and completely ignored his provocative jumper punches.  Carrazzo should have been more supportive in his public comments and, at the very least, talked about Chapman’s provocation.

Yep, that incident had consequences, and it wasn't for Yarran. The club and Carrazzo lost me that day, they basically sold a team-mate up the river, they stood him up. Hardly brothers in arms is it?

Chapman crying was a real eye-opener, that in some way is responsible for my paranoia about how the AFL and wider AFL community perceive and deal with Carlton.

Things haven't changed, Selwood was cleared!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
Yep, that incident had consequences, and it wasn't for Yarran. The club and Carrazzo lost me that day, they basically sold a team-mate up the river, they stood him up. Hardly brothers in arms is it?

Chapman crying was a real eye-opener, that in some way is responsible for my paranoia about how the AFL and wider AFL community perceive and deal with Carlton.

Things haven't changed, Selwood was cleared!

Yes, a very low day for our Club was that day. Yazz deserved better....though I doubt Chappy knew how good a boxer Yarran was at that pont!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #68
It was piddle weak from Carazzo.   Yarran finally stood up to some self entitled yobbo and got no support.   Chapman should have been rubbed out as well
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #69
It was piddle weak from Carazzo.   Yarran finally stood up to some self entitled yobbo and got no support.   Chapman should have been rubbed out as well

x2.....not sure what Carrazzo was thinking, its teammates first or you dont have a team anymore....

Reply #70
It was probably symptomatic of a team dynamic at the time.
Carlton was not a good place in early 2015 :(

Reply #71
It was a sweet short jab too.   He'd sure been gagging for it.... For years.  Yarran had plenty of support outside Carlton.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #72
After Round 6

Goals 54 Behinds 64
Percentage 73.5 % (For 388, Against 528)

Goals-63  Behinds-58 
Percentage  74.8 %   (For- 436, Against- 583)

(2017 Target 232 Goals- 202 behinds-1594)

Goals-57  Behinds - 54
Percentage  66.3 % (For- 396, Against- 597)

Goalkickers
(2017 Target Casboult  34)

Casboult 11
Wright 10
Silvagni 6

Curnow 10
Wright 9
Casboult 9
Garlett 5
McKay 5
Fisher- 5

Reply #73
If its not TOO much trouble, could you include the 2016 totals as well.