Skip to main content
Topic: Harford Appointed as Carlton AFLW Coach (Read 2618 times) previous topic - next topic

Harford Appointed as Carlton AFLW Coach

HS reporting Harford is the new coach as is our website

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-04-23/harford-unveiled-as-aflw-senior-coach
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Harford Appointed as Carlton AFLW Coach

Reply #1
HS reporting Harford is the new coach as is our website

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-04-23/harford-unveiled-as-aflw-senior-coach
Fair enough, so some of the rumours going around were true.
As he is starting immediately, hopefully he will be starting making bridges between the club and our players.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Yep and being from Collingwood will give him the inside track on steph hopefully!!!

Also means he's worked with Stevens before which is a bonus (unless they didn't get on).
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
Great appointment. Harf is a very good coach, a terrific people person/communicator and ripper bloke. The gals will love him.  :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Great appointment. Harf is a very good coach, a terrific people person/communicator and ripper bloke. The gals will love him.  :)

X2
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Yep and being from Collingwood will give him the inside track on steph hopefully!!!

Also means he's worked with Stevens before which is a bonus (unless they didn't get on).

Might be hard to pry Stephanie out at the moment...  :P

As for Stevens no fences to mend there Harford was only at the Pies this season.

Good appointment. Can coach, brilliant communicator and engages with people easily at all levels. Top bloke...

Reply #6
Good appointment. Can coach, brilliant communicator and engages with people easily at all levels. Top bloke...

Top bloke, good communicator, agreed, but coaching credentials are not yet confirmed.

He's been at some clubs that are at best described as "inventive" and "influential" with list management and administration so it's hard to judge Harford's success relative to the available opposition at the time! Anybody with a hint of a connection to the VAFA knows exactly what I'm talking about!

I'm not necessarily blaming Harford, but when clubs can allegedly field unqualified 24 year olds in U19 finals with a tick of approval from the authorities you know things are crook! Further, when marquee players give away lucrative EFL or SFL contracts to go and play in the wage free amateurs things get even stranger!

So assuming some of those allegations are true, I'll reserve my final judgment of Harf's coaching until I know he's on a level playing field!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Might be hard to pry Stephanie out at the moment...  :P

As for Stevens no fences to mend there Harford was only at the Pies this season.

That's a shame.

Never say never... ;)
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #8

Who doesn't get on with Harf?
Never heard anyone say a bad thing about him.

As for Steph.....trade Bri Davey for her. Make it happen!