Skip to main content
Topic: Yarran over a fit of the blues: The Age (Read 12463 times) previous topic - next topic

Yarran over a fit of the blues: The Age

Yarran over a fit of the blues, The Age, 20/10.

Admits he cracked it at times and regrets doing so. 

''I found myself frustrated coming back from injury. It was totally my fault that it happened. It's not something that I want to dwell on too much. Mick is a fantastic coach and has been fantastic for us,'' he said, pointing out he has enjoyed Malthouse' direct feedback.
Says that he finds it difficult to be as vocal as MM wants him to be, is sad to see Eddie go but says that this was the best thing all round as the 3 Amigos were squeezing into 2 spots as they didn't have the stamina for midfield and that's where games are now won.

Seems he's maturing (though we'll have to wait until next year to see if words translate into action), and it's good that he'll be back next year.

Re: Yarran over a fit of the blues: The Age

Reply #1
The scene is set for Yazz to take his maturity and his football to another level. Bring on 2014.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #2
Good stuff .

If he's really fair dinkum , he could be a real star .
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #3
Yarran over a fit of the blues, The Age, 20/10.

Admits he cracked it at times and regrets doing so. 

''I found myself frustrated coming back from injury. It was totally my fault that it happened. It's not something that I want to dwell on too much. Mick is a fantastic coach and has been fantastic for us,'' he said, pointing out he has enjoyed Malthouse' direct feedback.
Says that he finds it difficult to be as vocal as MM wants him to be, is sad to see Eddie go but says that this was the best thing all round as the 3 Amigos were squeezing into 2 spots as they didn't have the stamina for midfield and that's where games are now won.

Seems he's maturing (though we'll have to wait until next year to see if words translate into action), and it's good that he'll be back next year.

Good article. Impressed with Yazz's candid appraisal of his form and attitude during that 'slump'.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Seems Mick did the right thing...who would've thought!

Reply #5
Maybe things have "normed" now under MM and we are about to see the team "perform"?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
The only thing determined here is that Yarran knows how to talk the talk and is probably maturing in that respect.

We all know what he's capable of and and the words need to be backed up by actions and performance.

Reply #8
Needed a good kick up the farking backside after basically costing us against the Bombers in round 11. 

Our whole side are good at talking...how about doing for a change. 

I'm not convinced until our side cuts out the girlsdress performances, close their mouths and let actions on the field do the talking.

Reply #9
I thought it was a good article that revealed positive signs for the future, and a pragmatic approach to Eddie's departure.

Some interesting stats, particularly when you consider that his form was down:

Despite recording the second fewest disposals of his career, he would finish with a career-high 26 goals from 51 scoring shots - 21 more than in any other season. However, set shots were an issue, converting 5.10.

When focused, his ability to pressure opponents was unquestioned, finishing equal first with Jeff Garlett for tackles inside 50 and third for disposals in that zone.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
The article actually filled a full page in this morning's Sydney Morning Herald. :D

Can't remember the last time a Carlton player did that.....(probably Judd)

Now if you were a "conspiracy theorist"........... ;)

Reply #11
He put in some hard work for the boys in Ireland. Zackery was terrific.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #12
I would think that both Malthouse and Yarran learnt something from their 'encounter'.  Yarran learnt that he needs to be accountable for his actions and Malthouse learnt a little bit more about 'people management'.

Neither will make similar mistakes in the future.  Malthouse will still call the shots as he sees them but with a little more knowledge of what makes no 13 tick.  In fact our second year under Malthouse should see significant improvement as he will have a far better appreciation as to which buttons to push for all individuals.

Reply #13
I would think that both Malthouse and Yarran learnt something from their 'encounter'.  Yarran learnt that he needs to be accountable for his actions and Malthouse learnt a little bit more about 'people management'.

Neither will make similar mistakes in the future.  Malthouse will still call the shots as he sees them but with a little more knowledge of what makes no 13 tick.  In fact our second year under Malthouse should see significant improvement as he will have a far better appreciation as to which buttons to push for all individuals.
Yeah good post TC. And if Chris and Mick are better for it, Carlton will benefit hugely. Its for No 13 to deliver on all the hype and potential he was drafted for.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
If he steps up and does what he can do, we will all be happy. Chris finally realising he was his worst enemy might help him deliver. He is one operator who can't be matched when he is on fire. I won't add anything negative and give him a chance to show his worth. He opened his mouth and now has the chance to prove his real worth. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.