Skip to main content

Poll

R1 vs Port Adelaide: Who was your top 3, WORST on ground?

1 - Walker
[ 13 ] (9.9%)
2 - Menzel (starting sub)
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
3 - Murphy
[ 0 ] (0%)
4 - Gibbs
[ 0 ] (0%)
6 - Simpson
[ 0 ] (0%)
8 - Kreuzer
[ 23 ] (17.6%)
10 - Watson
[ 12 ] (9.2%)
11 - Warnock
[ 5 ] (3.8%)
12 - Robinson
[ 20 ] (15.3%)
13 - Yarran
[ 0 ] (0%)
14 - McLean
[ 8 ] (6.1%)
23 - Henderson
[ 3 ] (2.3%)
26 - McInness
[ 26 ] (19.8%)
28 - Bell (subbed off)
[ 4 ] (3.1%)
30 - Waite
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
33 - Everitt
[ 0 ] (0%)
35 - Curnow
[ 0 ] (0%)
38 - Garlett
[ 10 ] (7.6%)
39 - Thomas
[ 2 ] (1.5%)
40 - Jamison
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 2 ] (1.5%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 29, 2014, 07:39:02 am

Topic: R1 - WORST on ground (Read 14829 times) previous topic - next topic

R1 - WORST on ground

OK, so we have to take the good with the bad. I've done the best on ground, so here is where it gets nasty, who were our worst on ground last night against Port.

Try to be honest in your appraisal and not simply pick your most hated player every week. Choose based on their latest performances only.

Re: R1 - WORST on ground

Reply #1
There might have been players with less disposals but Robinson, McLean and Walker had shockers and had a fair say in the result last night. All 3 butchered the ball and made horrific clangers.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
I went with Robbo, Walker and McInness.

Walker got the nod mainly through his undisciplined acts and giving away free kicks.

The other 2 for their inability to find a target wearing the same jumper as them.
Robbo (45% Disposal efficiency)
McInness (36% DE)

Not good enough.

Reply #3
Kreuzer by a mile.  Might as well have not even been out there.  Zero impact.

Reply #4
Walker - just an awful defender, turns to jelly at the slightest hint of pressure, weak overhead, undisciplined. Thinks by sprinting sideways to receive and then kicking across ground 40m he's helping the team. Meh.

Kreuzer - Did he get his hands to the ball in a contested mark situation? If so he spilled it. Been calling this for a while.

McInnes - LOL. Hopeless. Awful decision maker.

Sorry but give me a REAL defender like Laidler on the last line over either of McInnes or Walker any day. Possibly Watson as well.

Garlett very lucky to miss out.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Kreuzer, Robinson and Garlett for mine. Garlett and Kreuzer were basically invisible men and Robinson butchered the ball more often than not.

If Kreuzer can't learn to play forward by years end, it's trade time. I personally thought he should have been packaged up and traded to GWS last year to land us a KPF.

Robinson will be overtaken this year by the likes of Cripps and Graham, he's just too much of a liability. Will be out of the side as soon as Judd and Carrazzo are back.

Garlett needs to get match fit. With Eddie gone we really need him to stand up. Garlett should have been the sub last night in place of Menzel.

Reply #6
Robinson was the worst on field for me.

For every one action he does well, he does two poorly and then makes it worse by charging in like a wounded ball knowing that he has stuffed up.  This just leads to him playing erratic footy and being more liability.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
Kreuzer. Only just. McInness, Robbo and Garlett were rubbish as well.

Reply #8
Robinson
Kruezer
Walker
Watson
all above self explanatory
Warnock- can do nothing around the ground - killed in the ruck in the last quarter
Jamison - his body is shot - delist him
Waite - he had the opportunity to kick the first goal of the final quarter - Daisy told him to kick it - did not take the responsibility for the occasion. weak pass to flank - im over this bloke - delist him.

Reply #9
McInnes, Watson and Warnock

Reply #10
I went Warnock, Robinson and Bell.

Warnock got plenty of touches yet did nada as usual!
Robinson and Bell both got plenty, early in Bell's case, yet they both butchered the ball mercilessly!

If you go to all the trouble of getting it, don't give it back!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
McInnes, Bell and Robbo were the ones I cursed the most!  >:(

There were several others I could also have mentioned but can't be bothered.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Robinson and Bell both got plenty, early in Bell's case, yet they both butchered the ball mercilessly!

I've been playing that tune for a while now. People keep telling me that they are required players who do the hard stuff.

I'd prefer soft players who can hit a target rather than tough players who cannot.

Reply #13
I've been playing that tune for a while now. People keep telling me that they are required players who do the hard stuff.

I'd prefer soft players who can hit a target rather than tough players who cannot.

I agree partially, I think you need a balanced mix and at the moment we have almost zero of the target hitters, not even Judd qualifies in this regard. It is why I mentioned earlier that the pass by Jammo to Tuohy in the midfield before he dished off to Yarran, that pass really stood out because we don;t do it very often if at all!

We need a bloke like a Bradley or a Stevens, Murphy should be able to fill that role if someone is smart enough to give him a chop out. But one is not enough, we need another two or three like that. Guys that hit targets as well as kick goals.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14

Here is an idea out from left field. How about we recruit players who are hard at it and can kick the football too?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!