Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 - What do you expect from the club? (Read 8651 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2019 - What do you expect from the club?

Reply #45
I agree with Raydan's post above, we need to wait and see what happens when we have close to our best team on the park at the same time

Reply #46
Flawed logic.

We have one win a percentage of 62?, we clearly have to make changes.

Perhaps our problem was we made TOO MANY changes previously?

Overall, you want to have the largest amount of talent, spread even across all ages - senior players and kids.

We have plenty of talented kids, but close to SFA in senior talent.
You pot Murphy as much as anyone. Taking out Simmo and Daisy would leave Murphy, an often injured Kreuzer and Ed Curnow as senior players in the side. Our % would drop further with them out of it.

Reply #47
There are other sides that have injuries, granted but sometimes it's not what is out, it's what is left. GWS has quality left, but again this is a side that has played in the last 2 prelim finals and where do they sit now? 10th and looking to miss finals, but I'm sure their injuries had no effect ::)

Where as we finished bottom 3 last year and have had the most games missed through injury of any club, so to explain this to you, we were already on the bottom and have lost a lot of players to injury who would have helped, they were a top 4 side who have now dropped out of the finals, so I'm afraid you're the one smoking stuff.

Casboult - Who a better forward Levi or Kruezer? So yes he would have made the side better and Kerridge, I believe if you read the post again it say at his best he is a B grader but he is a hard body around the ball an area where we deficient in.

I also note that you made no mention of losing an entire backline to injury, but never let facts get in the way of your argument.
Great Posts Rayden , the latter is the key , losing an entire backline to injury , that changes the ability to be more offensive focused all of a sudden we change to a new game plan with no players capable to impliment it. Other sides all have injury issues , but our lack of depth & experience its so hard cover. Yes we all get frustrated by the lack of performance and wins. But break it down we really rely on too few players to gain a win

Reply #48
I agree with a lot of what Raydan says, and I guess we hope that for the long term it is true.
The one thing that sticks in my craw though, is you can't deny the lack of effort on multiple occasions this year. And whatever may or may not have happened at the selection table, and no matter what occurred pre match with injuries last weekend, there was a lack of effort from the vast majority of our players and that is unacceptable.

Reply #49
I agree with a lot of what Raydan says, and I guess we hope that for the long term it is true.
The one thing that sticks in my craw though, is you can't deny the lack of effort on multiple occasions this year. And whatever may or may not have happened at the selection table, and no matter what occurred pre match with injuries last weekend, there was a lack of effort from the vast majority of our players and that is unacceptable.

I am concerned that this is the prime symptom of the players being confused and frustrated with the game plan and their individual roles within it.
Reality always wins in the end.