Skip to main content
Topic: Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game (Read 29608 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: after match

Reply #15
I know he is gone.

I don't have an issue with him getting the sack. I have an issue with the club thinking that giving him the sack means they've made the tough call and are somehow improving us as a result.

Nah

You've backed this stooge to the hilt and it's grinding you.

Knowing he's gone and accepting he's should take a large responsibility are different things.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #16
Jones to the Bullants and accept the mistake. Look for other key forwards. Jones isn't a forwards jock strap.

Who do we bring in?

Jones gave us 3x the possessions, intensity and presence than Watson did last week.

If not Watson....then who? Hendo and Kreuzer are both injured. The cupboard is bare.

Reply #17
Foxfooty gonna show embarrassing footage of sr players not defending. 35 tackles lowest tally for the year by any club.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
Nah

You've backed this stooge to the hilt and it's grinding you.

Knowing he's gone and accepting he's should take a large responsibility are different things.

I've backed him to turn around the club culture. The club itself is bigger than Mick and is not helping him in anyway by declaring a rebuild after Round 2.

If i was in charge of the club, i'd sack Mick this week. not because of our effort tonight, or last week, but because he publicly went against what the club has said. Personally, i agree with Mick. However, the CEO and Pres are not going to step down, so thats our only option.

We need unity. Even if we are all following the people down the wrong path....at least we are doing it together.

Reply #19
Foxfooty gonna show embarrassing footage of sr players not defending. 35 tackles lowest tally for the year by any club.

That Malthouse chap really get's them playing for him. ::)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #20
I've backed him to turn around the club culture. The club itself is bigger than Mick and is not helping him in anyway by declaring a rebuild after Round 2.

If i was in charge of the club, i'd sack Mick this week. not because of our effort tonight, or last week, but because he publicly went against what the club has said. Personally, i agree with Mick. However, the CEO and Pres are not going to step down, so thats our only option.

We need unity. Even if we are all following the people down the wrong path....at least we are doing it together.

Yeah, but how has he coached kruds?

Happy with the game plan, player development and team buy in?

It's been crap from DAY ONE of his appointment.

Reply #21
Yeah, but how has he coached kruds?

Happy with the game plan, player development and team buy in?

It's been crap from DAY ONE of his appointment.

I'm not happy with how he has coached.

Again, i don't have an issue with him being criticised for his coaching ability. I have an issue with people thinking he is the #1 problem at the club and changing our head coach makes everything rosy.

Reply #22
Listening to Trigg on Fox and he instills very little confidence or certainty.  Still banging on that they will assess the coaches roles in the back half of the year.  By the there will be no members and the no one turning up to game.

Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game

Reply #23
Let's see if we can get 1 page on the actual game, rather than another Mick thread.

Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game

Reply #24
I'll start this one off......well - I did end up attending & how predictable was the result of this game? FMD.......

Worst month of football I have witnessed from ANY Carlton team in my 44 year lifetime.......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Re: Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game

Reply #25
I'll start this one off......well - I did end up attending & how predictable was the result of this game? FMD.......

Worst month of football I have witnessed from ANY Carlton team in my 44 year lifetime.......

I started one too - mods please merge

Reply #26
I'm not happy with how he has coached.

Again, i don't have an issue with him being criticised for his coaching ability. I have an issue with people thinking he is the #1 problem at the club and changing our head coach makes everything rosy.

Agree. His coaching has big issues, but the club has been a mess for so long it has made little difference. More of a case that the off field needs to be sorted before we can sort out the coaching issues.
His carry on about the players being affected by rebuild talk is however possible grounds to move him on. That is when an employee thinks they are bigger than the organisation and it cannot be acceptable.

Reply #27
Who do we bring in?

Jones gave us 3x the possessions, intensity and presence than Watson did last week.

If not Watson....then who? Hendo and Kreuzer are both injured. The cupboard is bare.

Cupboards are bare indeed. Kreuzer by my read is leg soreness. Not a new injury, or the same foot problem. Predicting he could be ready for next week. Jones looks like a mistake. Letting Waite go didn't help our forward issue. Jones has played 6 games and offered not much. Watson needs to be given a few games to show some worth. We cannot let one player play multiple games and offer little. Then let another player play one game and drop him without a chance to improve. Why? Exactly because you highlighted the issue. The cupboard is bare. Delivery forward never helps our forwards. I say that without hesitation. Jones just doesn't look like anything than a 3rd forward at best. Levi struggled today and needs to lift his game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #28

Don't lose hope yet, the "bye" is coming.

Reply #29
Just when I thought I couldn't lose any more respect ... Cameron Ling comes out and says:

1) Selwood doesn't duck - he just bends his knees and shrugs his shoulder.
2) It should be a free kick if a tagger has eyes for his opponent rather than the ball.

WTF?!?  Well, if that's the case Lingy, then HOW BLOODY GOOD ARE DIESEL AND JUDDY? Played their whole careers against idiots who wouldn't know what a football looked like and still won 5 Brownlow's between them. Yes, 5 - I'M TALKING TO YOU RUSSO.
Keyboard warrior #24601