Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : BLUES Lost To PIES (Lambasting & Liabilities) (Read 59349 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 7 : BLUES Lost To PIES (Lambasting & Liabilities)

In a match where we have been beaten by 5-goals, it should of been a massive blowout if it wasn't for a last quarter rally to kick 8 to make the score look respectable (of sorts).

What was served up in the first three quarters was simply unacceptable tripe of epic proportions. Two goals to three-quarter time is the sort of stuff you'd see in some lower level country league, not by an AFL team.

There was no intensity, little or no fight for 3/4's, appalling skills and without a doubt, some of the worst decision-making I've ever seen in a football match.

Docherty showed he will be a player, Buckley was good again and there were a handful of cameos across the match but overall, when the game was there to be won, we were limp & flaccid.

Too many times our players stood flat-footed and spectated, some were complete passengers.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: RD 7 : BLUES Lost To PIES (Lambasting & Liabilities)

Reply #1
Said it before and I'll say it again, MM coaching is crape!

Too much Jekyll and Hyde performance.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #2
Williams rips Hendersons jumper then punches him in the head to the ground, no free play on.

Rowe gets a little finger caught in Cloke's jumper, free kick dud center!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
That was shameful.

If they think that they have fooled any of us with that last quarter display, boys you haven't.

You were pathetic and a disgrace to the jumper.

Give tonight's pay to Peter Mac.

At least that will restore some dignity to the club and jumper which you have crapped on tonight.

Reply #4
Don't look at the margin we were terrible.  No skill, no heart, no structure.

Collingwood are probably a top 4 side, and they're an example of a club that's recruited well.  Unlike us.

Lucas has stamped his papers. Scotland should be told that he's not needed anymore.  Rowe will be delisted at the end of the year.  Gibbs will be no loss when he leaves for Port or Adelaide.  And finally - why play Menzel as the sub?  Does he have no tank?

Reply #5
Ball (I think) pushes a player into the fence... no free.  Walker got a week for that!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #6
Well they failed my litmus test dismally. The scoreboard flattered us. We are just not good enough and major changes must be made both on and off the field. I can now go away on my WA safari in the next couple of weeks safe in the knowledge that I won't be missing anything this year. >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
Williams rips Hendersons jumper then punches him in the head to the ground, no free play on.

Rowe gets a little finger caught in Cloke's jumper, free kick dud center!

The whole umpiring issue is an absolute blight on our game. The whole concept of "being hot" on some rules one week and others the next week is farcical. It's like doublethink in Nineteen Eighty Four. shouldn't the umpires be red hot on every single rule in every singe game ? Why pick and choose ? Dead set joke.

Reply #8
1 good quarter of footy out of 4. That was pretty soft and pathetic. Heaps of positives, but much to really worry about.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #9
Collingwood are probably a top 4 side, and they're an example of a club that's recruited well.  Unlike us.

They showed us how to play if we want to be one of the real contenders, they were hungrier and more desperate than our guys and it paid dividends on the scoreboard.

Reply #10
See FIGJAMs smug fking smile at the siren. Fck I hope we pump tjese cnnts next time.

Reply #11
Outworked and coutclassed.
We re further behind the top teams than last year.
Pros were that I was happy with Buckley and Docherty's games.
Cons - our attitude and crap work rate

Reply #13
Best game Simon White has played for the club too. Won't save him in the long run but at least he is having a red hot go and you cannot knock anyone who does that.

Reply #14
See FIGJAMs smug fking smile at the siren. Fck I hope we pump tjese cnnts next time.

We deserve all the media serves us up with that effort. I now have to listen to crap from friends and my wife for weeks to come.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.