Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Richmond at Richmond on Sat (Read 10019 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern Blues vs. Richmond at Richmond on Sat

Richmond vs. Northern Blues
Saturday 14th June
ME Bank Centre at 11:00am
Richmond
B Williams Darrou Banfield
HB Helbig Waite O'Hanlon
C Gordon McDONOUGH Young
HF Lloyd Griffiths Arnot
 F McBean Elton Bathie
R Stephenson Batsanis Davey
Int Wynne Barlow Gleeson* L. Conca Schibeci Collins Wall McQualter McGough

Northern Blues

B: Wilkinson M. Watson Holman
HB: T. Thomas McInnes Sheehan
C: Lucas Graham Reynolds
HF: Dufficy Anthony B. Johnson
F: Garlett Bolger Wilson
R: Wood Cachia Cattapan
Int: Coulson Perry* Temay Dirago Byrne Totevski Murray D. Watson Taglieri

Playing at Richmond will be something of a change. Our team is still looking thin on the forward half: not a key forward to be seen.  :(
Looking at this team, I'd say Tom Temay is not going to be with us next year: named on an extended bench when we have a lot of injuries and 3 guys gone from the list. However, hope springs eternal.

Port Melbourne vs. Northern Blues
Sunday 15th June
North Port Oval at 11:00am

Port Melbourne
B: Plant Dickson Macmillan
HB: Lange Sandilands Woodley
C: Hayes Thornton Pantic
HF: Connors Clarke S. O'Sullivan
F: Hogan Whelan Pearson
R: C. Prowse Muling McKenzie
Int: Vearing Perry Henderson T. Johnston Raru Neal N. Prowse Anderson Knowles

Northern Blues
B: Grimes M. Gleeson D. Watson
HB: McDonald Dirago Emley
C: Posar McCann H. Curnow
HF: Temay Walton Murray
F: Dorman Haynes Totevski
R: Coulson J. Gleeson Taglieri
Int: M. Johnson Tardio Dowse Sutton Gilbert Jenkins K. Roberts Callaway Toman

Note the Byrne is on the bench for the Northern 1's, but not named here: he is playing senior footy. Tom Temay?
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Northern Blues vs. Richmond at Richmond on Sat

Reply #1
Crash....I think you are right about Tom Temay ,and the man who selected him will both be non particpants at the Carlton football club next season...

Reply #2
Nobody gets them right 100% of the time, but we had only a couple of picks from that cohort.

I hope he can turn it around, but time is running out.

On the other hand, the Irish guys seem to be going along quite nicely.

With our personnel issues at the moment, the Blues are looking a little thin. However, some of the VFL guys are showing a bit. Sheik's guy, Cattapan, looks to have a decent VFL future, as does Wilson. What they lack in size they more than make up for with heart.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Be kind of novel catching the NBs game at Punt Road tomorrow morning at 11.

If anyone else is heading down and want to catch up for a chin wag at the game, just PM me.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Blues win down at Richmond. After leading by 40 points at one stage, the Blues held on and finished the better to win by 7 points with an extremely undermanned side. Remember, it lost Nick Graham (which means at least 30 possessions) and Matthew Watson from an already depleted side.

Richmond Tigers   1.4  2.6  7.12  11.14.80
Northern Blues   4.3  7.11  9.12  12.15.87

GOALS: Johnson 3, Wilson 2, Totevski 2, Thomas 2, Taglieri, Temay, Dufficy
Don't know if Johnson did much, but he did kick 3 clutch goals.

DISPOSALS: Cachia 29, Cattapan 22, Lucas 22, McInnes 17, Thomas 16

Looks like another big effort from Cachia, who must be close to a senior game. he has been getting 25 - 35 possession each week.
Lucas having 22 suggests he did OK, as does 17 for McInnes. However, we'll have to wait for Baggers to give us a first hand picture when he has recovered from celebrating the win. Any other reports always gratefully accepted.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Looks like Geoffy did zero. Trade bait for sure.
And after last nights performance, I'd say not having Watson was a bonus!!!

Reply #6
Can't tell much at this stage, but I did read on twitter that Garlett did some pretty good defensive work. However, you are right, he did not kick a goal and didn't have a huge number of possessions. That puts him under pressure.
Hopefully Baggers and whoever else was there can inform us of how he really did.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Richmond Tigers   1.4  2.6  7.12  11.14 (80)
Northern Blues   4.3  7.11  9.12  12.15 (87)

GOALS:
Richmond Tigers: McBean 3 Williams 2 O'Hanlon 2 Lloyd 2 Bathie  Arnot
Northern Blues: Thomas 3 Johnson 3 Totevski 2 Byrne  Dufficy  Wilson  Taglieri

BEST:
Richmond Tigers: Young Arnot Batsanis Wynne Lloyd O'Hanlon
Northern Blues: Johnson McInnes Thomas Dirago Cachia Lucas
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Richmond Tigers   1.4  2.6  7.12  11.14 (80)
Northern Blues   4.3  7.11  9.12  12.15 (87)

GOALS:
Richmond Tigers: McBean 3 Williams 2 O'Hanlon 2 Lloyd 2 Bathie  Arnot
Northern Blues: Thomas 3 Johnson 3 Totevski 2 Byrne  Dufficy  Wilson  Taglieri

BEST:
Richmond Tigers: Young Arnot Batsanis Wynne Lloyd O'Hanlon
Northern Blues: Johnson McInnes Thomas Dirago Cachia Lucas

Either someone had a cut/paste issue or the games were remarkably similar.  :o

Reply #9
Can't tell much at this stage, but I did read on twitter that Garlett did some pretty good defensive work. However, you are right, he did not kick a goal and didn't have a huge number of possessions. That puts him under pressure.
Hopefully Baggers and whoever else was there can inform us of how he really did.

Unfortunately, knocked over by the dreaded lurgy today, so didn't make it to Punt Road... damn. Seems Johnson is continuing to improve. Must have been released from the backline to on-ball or forward. Now, back to the lemon juice, vit c and honey... and maybe a brandy or two  :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
Johnson to debut next week I reckon.....

Reply #11

Unfortunately, knocked over by the dreaded lurgy today, so didn't make it to Punt Road... damn. Seems Johnson is continuing to improve. Must have been released from the backline to on-ball or forward. Now, back to the lemon juice, vit c and honey... and maybe a brandy or two  :)
Hope you're feeling well soon.  ;)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
I read on BF that Jack Anthony did play either. Makes me wonder how many talls we had at all. It also makes the win even more meritorious given the total lack of height on the field.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
Yep Jack Anthony was a late withdrawal left the team ridiculously small.  Jeffy G played a lot up the ground which explains to a point his lack of impact on the scoreboard, but on the other hand doesn't put his relatively small number of possessions in a good light.  Did miss a couple and set Johnson goal up with a beautiful pass but overall not a performance that would have him knocking on the door.  Cachia was again very good and his recent form must have him pressing for a shot.  Not sure he is an AFL quality player but I reckon he deserves a decent run of games to show his wares.  Problem is he is another slowish midfielder and we can't run too many of them.  I think he needs McLean to be out before he can get a run, certainly if Graham is in the team.  Other bright lights were Johnson who deserves a go at some time by years end and I wouldn't object if it were next week, Lucas whose papers may be stamped but is showing decent seconds form and McInnes who has been unimpressive of late but looked more like his old self.

Reply #14
How bizarre is our predicament? Hawthorn have Rioli who probably outputs the same as Jeffy (and I challenge anyone who disagrees to go to somewhere like Footywire and compare them statically) yet they can afford to carry the little oxygen thief and we cant.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time