Skip to main content
Topic: Round 18 Carlton vs. North Melbourne Pre Game pronouncements! (Read 19561 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 18 Carlton vs. North Melbourne Pre Game pronouncements!

Next Saturday night we have the chance for a little bit of redemption: we play North Melbourne at Etihad.
Chances are that we will loose: we have a huge way to come back from with a minimum of talent and confidence on the park. However, I do expect a better performance.
In many ways I would love to give it to North: they have been very vocal lately, claiming we do not deserve Friday Night games and that they do. I find this faintly absurd. It assumes the AFL can redirect the draw when it sees one team performing below expectations and another performing above expectations. I have real problems with this. Be that as it may, it would make them shut up if we could cook their finals' goose for them.
It would also give us a little something after they stole Waite from us for no compensation.

As I mentioned earlier, it would be a very low probability event if we could stuck it up the Road - Kills, but hope springs eternal.  ::) ::) ::)

We must be reasonable chance to get one or 2 players back. Certainly we have some underachievers who need more time in the VFL before their inevitable delisting.  ;D ;D >:D
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Round 18 Carlton vs. North Melbourne Pre Game pronouncements!

Reply #1
Wood has to come back in, we have been very poor without him all be it he is no champion player but with Goldstein tearing it up I think we need to give Kruezer some support so he can be used in other areas to give us an edge.
North are not as physical as Hawthorn and lack that intimidation factor that made us look like school kids vs men on Friday night so I expect a decent showing and more goals kicked. North will probably win given they have more to play for and I expect Barkers orders are to develop youth and not worry about the result so I am thinking about 3-5 goals as the winning margin..

Reply #2
Wood has to come back in, we have been very poor without him all be it he is no champion player but with Goldstein tearing it up I think we need to give Kruezer some support so he can be used in other areas to give us an edge.
North are not as physical as Hawthorn and lack that intimidation factor that made us look like school kids vs men on Friday night so I expect a decent showing and more goals kicked. North will probably win given they have more to play for and I expect Barkers orders are to develop youth and not worry about the result so I am thinking about 3-5 goals as the winning margin..
I would hope that Wood would be available. He gives us a good contest in the ruck.
It is true that Goldstein has been the source of most of North's glory in recent times: he needs to be controlled.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
At the moment I would be happy if we stay 3-5 goals from the Roos. I expect us to lose by something more along the lines of 10 goals. We lack run without Armfield in the squad. Yarran just isn't pulling his weight. That leaves too much work from Tuohy and Docherty. Missing Judd and Carrazzo hasn't helped us much either.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4
Guys .

We are not trying to win.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5
Guys .

Granted that winning more than 2 more games is contra - indicated. However, I don't think anyone expects us to win. The coach definitely wants us to produce more than we are presently producing.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Guys .

Couldn't even if we wanted to.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #8
Next Saturday night we have the chance for a little bit of redemption: we play North Melbourne at Etihad.
Chances are that we will loose: we have a huge way to come back from with a minimum of talent and confidence on the park. However, I do expect a better performance.
In many ways I would love to give it to North: they have been very vocal lately, claiming we do not deserve Friday Night games and that they do. I find this faintly absurd. It assumes the AFL can redirect the draw when it sees one team performing below expectations and another performing above expectations. I have real problems with this. Be that as it may, it would make them shut up if we could cook their finals' goose for them.
It would also give us a little something after they stole Waite from us for no compensation.

As I mentioned earlier, it would be a very low probability event if we could stuck it up the Road - Kills, but hope springs eternal.  ::) ::) ::)

We must be reasonable chance to get one or 2 players back. Certainly we have some underachievers who need more time in the VFL before their inevitable delisting.  ;D ;D >:D

Yes, Captain Crash, hope does spring eternal...

I'm not at all pessimistic about this game upcoming game against the Kangabies. I expect us to make a good account of ourselves.

I heard JB say at the post match media conference that he thought the blokes went into their shells somewhat against the Dawks, well, I thought he also went into his coaching shell a little as well. Seemed that our whole approach was to minimise the damage.

We're likely to get Walker and Graham back and I pray that Jaksch comes in for Jones or Wood comes in for Jones. Listened to Cam Mooney, who has first hand experience of working with Jones, and he said he couldn't believe it when he heard that we recruited him... went on to explain how frustrating he was to work with.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Yea,  I detest this lippy, overated mob but we don't have the personnel or mindset to beat them.  I would be annoyed to see us get physically worked over by this mob, who are deadest pretenders IMO.

North by about 6 but I want to see some spirit.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #10
Might give this one a miss - don't like North much - might watch from the comfort of home. It was a very very bleak, miserable and late Fri night out last week.  :(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
I reckon we will win this one, simply because we shouldnt.

North always fail in these circumstances.  They fail to show up.

We are not the only club in the AFL with mental demons.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
How's my form for choosing games........actually coming over for this one from the deepest south......with a North supporting mate (and 3 others) 
And even he's resigned to a lack of interest as he originally assumed that Harvey would be playing his 400th this game.  He figured that there was no way he'd play the game against Brisbane at the Gabba !!.

So...........I wonder....is it poor form to leave him there & head straight to the pub at half time ?
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #13
Couldn't even if we wanted to.....

I reckon we could but we won't.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #14
I reckon we could but we won't.

We most definitely could win this if our passengers in Yarran and Hendo would just put in. Oh and don't get me started on the backwards crap.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!