Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle) (Read 30557 times) previous topic - next topic

Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle)

BOOM!! The sky isn't falling after all. After losing Murph and jamo in the third term that was a great win.

You just need to see the thrilled look on Cripps' face after the win to realise how important it is to win instead of tanking. Speaking of which what a superstar he is. With players like him to build around we certainly have a future.

Glad Simon White got injured so Jaksch has gotten a run, he shows real potential as does Boekhorst who is coming along nicely. I think we all agreed we wanted Boeky as a regular by season's end and I think we now have that.

Watto showed he still has plenty to offer, hopefully plays out the season.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle)

Reply #1
I don't think players tank.
I think they always try.
That's why the looks on their faces are genuine

If it occurs it's through team selections, player placements, rotations etc.

I don't know if we are or not.....but Melbourne are really bad....and the contrast between our first and second half was stark.

Reply #2
Spewin' we gave up Jeffy!!!  We knew EXACTLY how to play him. He melted!!  Whiley worth persevering with. Thought he was busy. Bucks took them on and made a difference through the centre.

Reply #3
I don't know if we are or not.....but Melbourne are really bad....and the contrast between our first and second half was stark.

We dropped off when Murphy and Jameson went off.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Talk about winning ugly. But it'll do.
Few injuries though - murphy, Jamison, Kreuzer and maybe Menzel? Will the northern blues even field a team next week?

Reply #6
We wasted 90% of Walker's career playing him in defence. So much better when played forward.

Reply #7
I don't think players tank.
I think they always try.
That's why the looks on their faces are genuine

If it occurs it's through team selections, player placements, rotations etc.

x2...As you said players dont tank but coaches change things to limit scoring, open up play, change players depending on what result they want.
Melbourne are bad...really bad...

Thought Kruezer and Cripps won the game for us...wasnt taken with Tutt, Whiley etc like some others, just thought they were reasonable vs sub standard opposition.

Reply #8
Bell had 10 tackles, please stay at Carlton Tommy.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #9
I sensed it happened before then.

Yeah I think Melbourne were always going to come out firing in the second half after being thumped. They kicked 6 goals to nil against the Doggies in the same scenario last week. I think any suggestion of tanking in the second half is a bit far fetched TBH. That's just my opinion.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
One of those days when we couldn't miss (that Sav Rocca must be some teacher) - even small things like Lumuba going down early helped. Lots of frees in the first half (at least it seemed like it.)

Always happy to see a win, no matter how good or inept the opposition.

Reply #11
Yeah I think Melbourne were always going to come out firing in the second half after being thumped. They kicked 6 goals to nil against the Doggies in the same scenario last week. I think any suggestion of tanking in the second half is a bit far fetched TBH. That's just my opinion.

I haven't got a clue really....but if you get the chance contrast Barker's face and Cripps's at the final siren.

Reply #12
I haven't got a clue really....but if you get the chance contrast Barker's face and Cripps's at the final siren.

Barker looks like a man who been told the position is being announced early next and it's not him.

Reply #13
BOOM!! The sky isn't falling after all. After losing Murph and jamo in the third term that was a great win.

You just need to see the thrilled look on Cripps' face after the win to realise how important it is to win instead of tanking. Speaking of which what a superstar he is. With players like him to build around we certainly have a future.

Glad Simon White got injured so Jaksch has gotten a run, he shows real potential as does Boekhorst who is coming along nicely. I think we all agreed we wanted Boeky as a regular by season's end and I think we now have that.

Watto showed he still has plenty to offer, hopefully plays out the season.

Watto showed he still has plenty to offer....the VFL development league!

If we are serious about improving, he cannot be in our long term plans. Channel 7 commentators spent 10 minutes going on about how he couldn't possibly be as tall as he is listed, 195cm, as he simply doesn't look like anything close to a KPP.

Besides Cripps being the new messiah, i reckon the best thing to come out of today was the 'doomed trade'.

All of Boeky, Jaksch and Whiley showed good signs today. We got all of them from 1 pick. Could end up accelerating our rise in the next few years if they continue to play and grow like that.

Reply #14
All of Boeky, Jaksch and Whiley showed good signs today. We got all of them from 1 pick. Could end up accelerating our rise in the next few years if they continue to play and grow like that.

It's the first time I've been remotely comfortable with the trade, but the opposition was poor so it's hard to get an accurate line on them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.