Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 Draw (Read 29045 times) previous topic - next topic

2016 Draw

Did anybody catch the item on 7 News about next year's draw? We open on Easter Thursday against the Tigers. No Good Friday game. Blues right out of prime time schedules.

Sounds like we're up for a few twighlight games on Sunday and the odd Saturday arvo fixture. :(

Re: 2016 Draw

Reply #1
I love Saturday arvo, best time to play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
We don't deserve anything better.

Reply #3
Hardly surprising really. We were pretty dismal viewing in 2015.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Did anybody catch the item on 7 News about next year's draw? We open on Easter Thursday against the Tigers. No Good Friday game. Blues right out of prime time schedules.

Sounds like we're up for a few twighlight games on Sunday and the odd Saturday arvo fixture. :(

Listen, if you expect an evenly balanced schedule from a Ch.7 run draw you are joking, the broadcasters have a massive say in the draw and the only reason we got so many Friday's last season was because the ridiculously biased Ch.7 EssenScum crew wanted to keep their head down! I bet you blind that EssenScum will end up with a Friday night bonanza in 2016!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
That's okay, time for this club to learn to earn respect.

Reply #6
As the least watchable team in 2015, we will be in the least watched slots in 2016, it is common sense and we can't have any complaints at all.

The broadcasters have to have a huge say, otherwise they wouldn't pay the money they do for the rights to broadcast. I have far less issue with time slots, than I do with bias draws.

In saying that I hate twilight games, but when we are winning we will be back in the better time slots, so all is good.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #7
At least it's going to mean less ruined weekends by Friday night embarrassments.

Reply #9
Listen, if you expect an evenly balanced schedule from a Ch.7 run draw you are joking, the broadcasters have a massive say in the draw and the only reason we got so many Friday's last season was because the ridiculously biased Ch.7 EssenScum crew wanted to keep their head down! I bet you blind that EssenScum will end up with a Friday night bonanza in 2016!
No, I don't. Just reporting was I saw. I don't watch TV footy much. I prefer to go to games and twighlight Sunday is horrible for me as an attendee not TV watcher.

Reply #10
We finished last and quite frankly, watching us the last few years on Friday and Sat nights has been embarrassing. I hope they give us no Friday or Sat nights and the most obscure timeslots available. We might be in for a bit of pain in the coming years, so no point "scaring the kiddies".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
Getting flogged is bad enough but getting flogged during prime time is even worse.

Channel Seven must have swallowed Malthouse's line about us not losing a game  ::)

It's fair enough that we are relegated to less popular viewing times, particularly as they are often the best times to watch live.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
I want to rebuild quietly away from public floggings like we saw in every Friday night game this year.  Not good for anybody.

First time I have seen my kids speechless for 3 entire hours was the 140 point loss to Hawthorn, don't want any of us to go through that sort of  public massacre again.

Back to prime time when we have something to show case.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #14
I won't miss the derogatory cr@p about us dished out by Ch 7 commentators on Fri nights for sure. Might have to invest in an AFL Live subscription for the year - I have vowed never to let Foxtel back in the house.
Reality always wins in the end.