Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension (Read 52622 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension

Reply #2
Radio Media stating they think Thomas should appeal and get off because they think he didn't actually make contact with Laidler's head.

What a Forking joke the AFL has become. Thomas been offered 1 week!

Have to challenge this one - laidler should have been booked for diving.

Convinced the afl hates us. Seem to cop it hard everytime.

Reply #3
Radio Media stating they think Thomas should appeal and get off because they think he didn't actually make contact with Laidler's head.

He accepted one week

Reply #4

What a Forking joke the AFL has become. Thomas been offered 1 week!

Have to challenge this one - laidler should have been booked for diving.

Convinced the afl hates us. Seem to cop it hard everytime.
BS, it was dumb ass act from a supposed senior player. No he misses a week, congratulations.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
BS, it was dumb ass act from a supposed senior player. No he misses a week, congratulations.

A week looks reasonable to me, as far as I could see. it was a fair old elbow right into the moosh
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6

I agree, he deserves a week for stupidity  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
A week looks reasonable to me, as far as I could see. it was a fair old elbow right into the moosh

Getting rubbed out in a scratch match...

I guess someone has to carry the torch of being injured or suspended now Waite has gone.

Reply #8
I agree, he deserves a week for stupidity  >:(
And I hope the leadership group tear strips through him for it. Happy for our blokes to show aggression at the footy and the man (legally), thats called playing hard and standing up for ourself. But stupid acts like that by senior players should not be tolerated as we can ill afford the senior blokes not being available (not that Daisy is dishing up much at the moment but...).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
And I hope the leadership group tear strips through him for it. Happy for our blokes to show aggression at the footy and the man (legally), thats called playing hard and standing up for ourself. But stupid acts like that by senior players should not be tolerated as we can ill afford the senior blokes not being available (not that Daisy is dishing up much at the moment but...).

As our highest paid player, he should not put a foot wrong. Pardon the pun, but this is really disappointing.

Reply #10
If he's accepted a week it's a bit ordinary.

I haven't seen the video, but radio is saying the video apparently shows no contact with Laidler's head/chin and contact with the chest. Laidler apparently throws his head back staging for a free.

Can anyone confirm, is there public video?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
And Sam Mitchell gets SFA!!!

Reply #12
If there was contact it was negligible.

Laidler played out four quarters with no issues.

In other news daisy also copped a knee to the face whilst winning the ball and copped a free kick against for contact below the knees.

It's about time Carlton showed a bit of backbone IMHO.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13

x3 ...Dumb from Daisy on the eve of the season and he has been a poor investment....

Reply #14
x3 ...Dumb from Daisy on the eve of the season and he has been a poor investment....

Don't agree. Put aside his form and put aside his pay packet and all the he should know better crap.

Judge him soley on the contact made.

And as there was very little to possibly none I can't understand how the club can accept it.

It was dumb I agree but then again many on here harp on about our players needing to get tougher and make a stand. He does something physical and everyone wants to hang the guy.

Like I said minimal contact. If it was a hawk, Swan or cheat he plays round 1.