Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Practice Match NBs vs Richmond (Read 17617 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Practice Match NBs vs Richmond

This game will be starting at Punt Road Oval at around 1600 hours on Thursday, as a 'Curtain raiser' for the big game.
There is a fair chance that a fair number of Blues will be playing, as our list needs to get itself ready for the senior season. There are also a LOT of new Carlton boys and NBs to see (as very few players remain from the NB's 2015 list).

I will be lucky enough to attend, as I will be visiting the Physio at Olympic Park around the starting game time.

Hopefully RR and our other VFL watchers (like Baggers) can also attend. That way you are not restricted to my opinions.

Car'n the Blues!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Practice Match NBs vs Richmond

Reply #1
Yep, fully intend to be at both games. Got tickets for the seniors ...just need to finish a meeting a little early so I can front up to the Punt Road oval for the NBs game.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Yep, fully intend to be at both games. Got tickets for the seniors ...just need to finish a meeting a little early so I can front up to the Punt Road oval for the NBs game.

Look forward to your report Baggers.

We may be able to do the NB/Hawks game this year.  I haven't seen the fixture and there's a fair chance I'll be travelling but you never know.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Look forward to your report Baggers.

We may be able to do the NB/Hawks game this year.  I haven't seen the fixture and there's a fair chance I'll be travelling but you never know.

That'd be great. Fingers crossed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Always great first game, lots of new faces on trial , best of luck to them all

Reply #5
http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=2171

Northern Blues squad

2. Jack Silvagni, 3. David Cuningham, 4. Sam Russell, 6. Glenn Strachan, 7. Cameron Barrett, 8. Brent Bransgrove, 11. Kieran McGuinness, 12. Zach Ballard, 14. Liam Jones, 16. Ben Casley, 18. Daniel Gorringe, 23. Hisham Kerbatieh, 24. Tyler Roos, 34. Jesse Glass-McCasker, 35. Kye Declase, 36, Cameron Wood, 38, Billy Gowers, 39. Matthew Dick, 46. Liam Sumner, 48. Kristian Jaksch, 56. Andrew Gallucci, 59. Ciaran Byrne, 65. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow, 67. Tom Wilson, 76. Jason Tutt, 77. Chris McCabe, 80. Matthew Korcheck
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #6
It will be interesting to see how Kerbatieh goes. I think this kid will definitely get his chance at AFL level, I rate him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
is it free to get in?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
I think that squad is quite strong, another good area for our Department in the offseason attracting NON AFL listed players to get a second chance. Ballard is one who will do well.

I wonder if any of the emergencies will play, Clem and Charlie would be better with the run.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #9
From twitter.

Byrne seems to be playing well

Jones has kicked 3

SOS has done nice thing and kicked a great goal

Gorringe has kicked 3

NB 58 Rich 34

Reply #10
From twitter.

Byrne seems to be playing well

Jones has kicked 3

SOS has done nice thing and kicked a great goal

Gorringe has kicked 3

NB 58 Rich 34

Ah, beat me to it! Well at least our reserves know how to kick goals, 10 in a half is pretty good. Good signs at least.

Reply #11
Half time disposals

Byrne - 16
Dick - 12
DVR - 11

Reply #12
Look at the tiges back line and then look at chaplin playing 2s... WTF?

Reply #13
Look at the tiges back line and then look at chaplin playing 2s... WTF?

I think Chaplin was really poor in the Elimination Final last year and Dimma has not forgotten.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #14
HALF TIME, and the Blues lead by 29 at the break.
It's the key forwards show, with Liam Jones, Daniel Gorringe (three that quarter) and Ben Casley combining for eight goals between them. Jack Silvagni kicked a superb goal to stem the tide, and Ciaran Byrne was huge with 12 disposals that quarter.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!