Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 11: In Game Angst: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 18323 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 11: In Game Angst: Carlton vs Brisbane

I won't have time in the morning before the game, so I'd best get this up now. Enjoy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 11: In Game Angst: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #1
Some terrific ball movement from us today.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
I'm listening on the radio - Brisbane's form today sounds crap.

Reply #3
As has been discussed many times on here, winning is bad for business.

Walker a tough hit on Christensen. The latter sounds in a bad way.

Reply #4
Walker is fine. Ball was there.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #6
We have been really impressive today. Playing smart football, don't think I have said that about us for 20 years.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7
We could and should be playing better. Getting smashed in midfield imo.
Bris missed 4 /5 easy goals.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #8
The only downside is that one of my multi beta is in danger as I needed us to win by 1-39
On the plus side.... Everything else
We have been helped by Brisbane and their terrible indecision even when in front of goal. We are also helped by us not getting punished for the first 10 minutes, but since then we have been fantastic and fully deserve a comfortable lead.
Weitering my end up with 60 marks by the end of this game such is his dominance.

We now need to make sure we take this chance to keep pushing hard and break Brisbane. They are mentally a bit susceptible and if we play this 100% commitment game plan then we win by at least 12 goals, that is what the good teams do.

C'mon Blues!!
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #9
Some of our best performers this year are having a quiet game by their standards.
Gibbs (7 touches)
Thomas (7)
Doc (6)
and obviously without Murphy playing.

It's hard to see who is standing up and replacing them.
Graham (7) in for Murphy hasn't filled the hole.

Still the boys are playing as a unit and getting the job done.....except for Rockliff who has 26 touches to half time!

Reply #10
Some of our best performers this year are having a quiet game by their standards.
Gibbs (7 touches)
Thomas (7)
Doc (6)
and obviously without Murphy playing.

It's hard to see who is standing up and replacing them.
Graham (7) in for Murphy hasn't filled the hole.

Still the boys are playing as a unit and getting the job done.....except for Rockliff who has 26 touches to half time!

The boys on the radio were saying most of Rockliff's touches are useless, and Sellers indicated that as Curnow is tagging Rich, the Carlton brains trust reckon his touches are more damaging, and prefer Rockliff having the ball.

Reply #11
The boys on the radio were saying most of Rockliff's touches are useless, and Sellers indicated that as Curnow is tagging Rich, the Carlton brains trust reckon his touches are more damaging, and prefer Rockliff having the ball.

Useless or not, first game back and on track for 50+ is a fair effort.

I think it is to our advantage that Bell is playing for Brisbane too. Only 1 kick and 2 handballs and 2 clangers from that = only 1 possession found didn't go to the opposition!

Reply #12
Useless or not, first game back and on track for 50+ is a fair effort.

I think it is to our advantage that Bell is playing for Brisbane too. Only 1 kick and 2 handballs and 2 clangers from that = only 1 possession found didn't go to the opposition!

maybe - the radio guys were saying that some players absolutely relish playing against their old club, others dread it. Saying Bell is in the latter category.

Reply #13
Some talk about Krooz off and Gorringe looking proppy ?

Reply #14
Apparently Krooz was "sick" and expected to return.