Skip to main content
Topic: Can we refuse a finals spot?  (Read 18225 times) previous topic - next topic

Can we refuse a finals spot?

Not sure how everyone else feels but I have no interest in us playing finals. If we finish ninth and we are promoted as is most likely can and should we refuse?

I think it would be admirable and beneficial for the club to do so.

Just not a top eight side this year and absolutely should not take part in this years finals under any circumstance.

I certainly will not be attending a final if we are elevated.

How does everyone else feel a out it???

Re: Can we refuse a finals spot?

Reply #1
Not sure how everyone else feels but I have no interest in us playing finals. If we finish ninth and we are promoted as is most likely can and should we refuse?

I think it would be admirable and beneficial for the club to do so.

Just not a top eight side this year and absolutely should not take part in this years finals under any circumstance.

I certainly will not be attending a final if we are elevated.

How does everyone else feel a out it???

Only Kernahan would say no

Reply #2
What a stupid OP.

Yeah, lets turn down a final. Lets lose a few hundred k.
Lets not develop the players by not exposing them to the heat of finals.
Lets do that.

Grow a brain.

Reply #3
Ted you should grow a brain. We don't deserve it

Reply #4
What a stupid OP.

Lets do that.

Grow a brain.
I say you are the stupid one mate!!!

Lets let a list that is front running and mentally weak get an undeserved shot at a finals series. 

Get back in your box tex!

Reply #5
Of course we wont turn it down for the reasons mentioned above.....but from a personal viewpoint I'm not one bit enthused by the fact that we're likely to make up the numbers in a final series by default.

Yep, the assistance Essendon had from their supplement program might have made a difference and we perhaps should be there in that eighth spot by rights but it just doesn't feel like an achievement to me.

Just a personal feeling in the light of a bad result perhaps.
 :-\

Reply #6
Of course we wont turn it down for the reasons mentioned above.....but from a personal viewpoint I'm not one bit enthused by the fact that we're likely to make up the numbers in a final series by default.

Yep, the assistance Essendon had from their supplement program might have made a difference and we perhaps should be there in that eighth spot by rights but it just doesn't feel like an achievement to me.

Just a personal feeling in the light of a bad result perhaps.
 :-\

I agree. Making up the numbers isn't the same as earning a place. a win tonight would have made it feel different.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #7
What a stupid OP.

Lets do that.

Grow a brain.

Lets let a list that is front running and mentally weak get an undeserved shot at a finals series. 

Okay Jkr you've told me, I'll get back in my box. :)) :))

How do you think the players will benefit by NOT playing a final? Do you think it will make them 'hurt' a little bit so they want it more next year?  :)) No.

By playing a final (and probably losing), the players will learn about whats required to compete at the higher level.

Who cares if its deserved or not. Fact is, we can only gain by playing a final. Only the mentally challenged would argue otherwise - for future reference, Jkr, if you could please clarify if you are or are not mentally challenged that would be appreciated.

Reply #8
Meh who cares if we play finals. Our real test was against Freo a few weeks back and we folded. Playing finals by default, it's almost like paying for sex, the thrill of the chase is non existent and there's just no satisfaction.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
What a stupid OP.

Lets do that.

Grow a brain.

Karma for Tex.

Reply #10
Meh who cares if we play finals. Our real test was against Freo a few weeks back and we folded. Playing finals by default, it's almost like paying for sex, the thrill of the chase is non existent and there's just no satisfaction.
Depends where you finish, I suppose....

Reply #11
I see it this way: We get to replace those cheating scumbags. Think of it like the '99 prelim, we didn't deserve to be in the GF, but feck it felt good to deprive that scum of the flag. Plus we should also get a soft draw next year for technically finishing 9th.

Reply #12
What a stupid OP.

Lets do that.

Grow a brain.

How do you think the players will benefit by NOT playing a final? Do you think it will make them 'hurt' a little bit so they want it more next year?  :)) No.

By playing a final (and probably losing), the players will learn about whats required to compete at the higher level.

Who cares if its deserved or not. Fact is, we can only gain by playing a final. Only the mentally challenged would argue otherwise - for future reference, Jkr, if you could please clarify if you are or are not mentally challenged that would be appreciated.
You are a moron Tex!
I'd be happy to line up my person achievements next to yours face to face any time!

Reply #13
What a stupid OP.

Lets do that.

Grow a brain.

You are a moron Tex!
I'd be happy to line up my person achievements next to yours face to face any time!
What are person achievements? Do you mean personal achievements?

Reply #14
What a stupid OP.

Lets do that.

Grow a brain.

You are a moron Tex!
What are person achievements? Do you mean personal achievements?
No I meant person achievements. Of course I meant personal achievements wordsmith.