Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 8: After Game Analysis: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 26255 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Rd 8: After Game Analysis: Carlton vs St Kilda

Carlton vs the 'Aints at Etihad. I would have much preferred the MCG: it suits our team.

Get the feeling out of your system here.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2017 Rd 8: After Game Analysis: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #1
Well at least we fought it out until the end.

I expected to lose and probably by a fair bit more than we did. Not too unhappy really.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #2
Gallant. Fisher makes a better fist of it in the last qtr and that game would have been interesting. Aints dont like it hard thats for sure. Like it on the outside and bruise free.
Wright and Weiters were very quiet.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
We were beaten fair and square by a better side but you can't complain about our desire, the Saints are a pretty good outfit so it wasn't a bad effort to push them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #4
I think the failure to rest Weitering who is obviously sore/injured, and premature return of Fisher who probably should have come back via the NBs, has cost us that game!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Get the feeling out of your system here.

Glad to.  Feck you Umpire #1. FECK you. FECK YOU TO HELL AND BACK.

I thought the days of us being the easy targets and pushovers because it's "only Carlton" were over. Obviously not.  St Kilda are an up and coming side, didn't you know.  Plus, they have more man-buns than any other AFL team.

Sheesh, a blatant throw in our goal square is not rewarded and then ... the ball drifts down to the wing where Umpire #1 is lurking, crouching like a hidden tiger, waiting to spring into action and finally rid himself of all the wrongs that have ever been done to him in his insignificant little life ... and then he sees his chance - for a few seconds he can be someone, anyone.  Finally, his parents can be proud of him. Feck you Umpire #1.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #6
We were beaten fair and square by a better side but you can't complain about our desire, the Saints are a pretty good outfit so it wasn't a bad effort to push them.
Fair call.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
Don't worry about fisher, weiters or wright. Casboult was putrid, pushed around and looked completely lost.

Reply #8
If the game was at the mcg or if we just didn't have the brain spasm at stoppages in the third quarter we probably win. Fisher could have made it really interesting but the kid just took the wrong option but still really impressed me in patches and looks a player.

Great effort by the boys and despite being a loss still definitely moving in the right direction. Saints are good side and should be a finals team, they are not up and coming and their best players are in their prime or past it this is what they are.

We controlled more of the game against a finals team and could have pinched it. Great game asos again, it's funny since his come in the team has been much more confident an aggressive, his attitude and grit is contagous. Weitering a slight worry hopefully he is carrying something and not struggling as a proper key position player.

Reply #9
Good effort. Just lacking some polish, but class is there.

Fisher needs another pre season before being considered again or tears VFL apart.

Cunners has to be due soon.

Reply #10
Don't worry about fisher, weiters or wright. Casboult was putrid, pushed around and looked completely lost.

Casboult has been worked out, you have to play in front of him and not let him leap at the ball. Collingwood did it last week, and it frustrated him. His strngth is launching at the ball punches from behind won't dislodge it. He doesn't have the natural craft of using his body either to combat defenders playing from in front.

Reply #11
I thought we were gonna get hammered by 10 + goals they way we were going in the 1st.

Good fightback after the start...... no complaint about effort... we tried and just fell short.

10.6.66 pretty much sums it up.....  we cant score :(
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #12
I thought we were gonna get hammered by 10 + goals they way we were going in the 1st.

Good fightback after the start...... no complaint about effort... we tried and just fell short.

10.6.66 pretty much sums it up.....  we cant score :(

We did okay considering we struggled to get it inside 50.   We were smashed in the middle.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
Saints have been playing some of the hottest football in the competition recently so to take it up to them and lead through the last qtr shows we have progressed.

Some blunders in front of goals and well as some baffling umpiring stopped the game being a cliff hanger late.

Reply #14
Midfield got swamped by numbers in the end, and other than 2-3 more mids for the rotation we need a CHF target badly.  Very very badly.

We don't have the forward line to kick a winning score based on 35 or so F5o entries, so kudos to the defensive efforts to keep us within striking distance for most of the game.

Really worried about Weeters long term, we're killing him playing him up forward when he is so obviously hurting.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?