Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 14136 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong

Not looking forward to this one. We matched up well against Geelong last year when we had a decent proportion f our list available.
That is not the case at the moment. Losing to Brisbane yesterday defies description.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
We'll win this one!

If ACoS is back....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2
We'll win this one!

If ACoS is back....
I doubt that Alex Silvagni will be fit. It would be nice if he were to be fit.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Marchbank, Byrne and White will be ready to come back if required

Reply #4
Player Injury Duration

Ciaran Byrne Groin 1 week
Tom Williamson Back Test
David Cuningham Groin Test
Dale Thomas Calf Test
Alex Silvagni Knee 4 weeks
Patrick Kerr Hip Season
Caleb Marchbank Shoulder 1 week
Ed Curnow Larynx 3 weeks
Simon White Knee 1 week
Dylan Buckley Hamstring 3 weeks
Andrew Phillips Foot Season
Patrick Cripps Leg Season
Sam Rowe Knee Season

This was last week's injury list.
Alex Silvagni has 2 - 3 weeks left , depending how he recovers. We could do with him.
Caleb Marchbank is a high probability of being available. The only question would be whether he goes straight back into the 1sts or has a week in the VFL. My preferred option would be a week in the VFL to get rid of the cobwebs, but our practice in recent times has to bringing guys back directly.
Simon White could also be ready, as could Ciaran Byrne. Both of these are senior chances, but have a higher probability of starting in the 2nds.

Ed Curnow's '3 weeks' has been about the same for 3 weeks. This has been an injury that has been hard to shake. However, if he can get over the present plateau, he may be back quite quickly. But I wouldn't want to put my money on it.

The problem is that had too many players who had very poor games against Brisbane and far too few who had anything like a decent game against North Ballarat.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
I have good seats for this game.

If nothing else I will have a decent view of how well Geelong are likely to beat us.

Hopefully we traded for 4 premiership points to go with the Billie Smedts, Zach Tuohy trade.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Geelong are soft as butter and are a two man show. However, we would need to be 500% better than yesterday to even get close. Letting an oppo like the Bears get nearly 100 possessions more is unacceptable. Gibbs owes us big time after that crapful performance. Perhaps he is lowering his trade value to the Crows.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
Geelong are soft as butter and are a two man show. However, we would need to be 500% better than yesterday to even get close. Letting an oppo like the Bears get nearly 100 possessions more is unacceptable. Gibbs owes us big time after that crapful performance. Perhaps he is lowering his trade value to the Crows.

Gibbs often doesn't respond well to a hard tag.  The MC should really have a Plan B to deal with that.  I know they tried playing him as a permanent forward but that just took him right out of the game.

We seem to match up better against the Cats but I'm not all that hopeful  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Not looking forward to this one. We matched up well against Geelong last year when we had a decent proportion f our list available.
That is not the case at the moment. Losing to Brisbane yesterday defies description.

We actually won the week after the Brisbane disaster last year. Admittedly we kept Melbourne out of the 8 by beating them so it wasn't exactly Geelong, but it does show a week is a long time in football.

Reply #9
Gibbs often doesn't respond well to a hard tag.  The MC should really have a Plan B to deal with that.  I know they tried playing him as a permanent forward but that just took him right out of the game.

We seem to match up better against the Cats but I'm not all that hopeful  :(

Gibbs should really have a plan to deal with that.

Reply #10
Gibbs should really have a plan to deal with that.

Especially with Cripps out he will get more attention...Gibbs will get Cam Guthrie for company this week, maybe Bolton can line him up at Full Forward or another position where his tagger wont be as comfortable.

Reply #11
Kerridge for Danger and Nick for Selwood?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13
Given Zorko, Beams just ran around unmanned for a half maybe he wont bother tagging the dynamic duo.... ;)

We should look at what the Pies do when they play the Cats, works every time....and that seems to be shut those two done...the rest looks after itself.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
our fwds need to apply PRESSURE,if we let them run it out of our fwd zone with ease game over