Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead  (Read 70201 times) previous topic - next topic

Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead

Righto,

you can all continue to bask in the giddy afterglow of today's game, or you can think about next week.

Let's go.

Re: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead

Reply #1
Jamo gets Tippett, Goodes gets Gibbs if he's fit. Hendo for LRT if fit.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
Kruezer could be in some doubt........

Reply #3
We can't stop Tippett so we must stop the supply. Also playing at ANZ is advantageous to us as it's more kicks to goal than the SCG.

Malthouse has always coached well at ANZ and the game plan works well there but did we play our Grand Final today?

In our favour the Hawks really battered the Swans and it will be interesting to see what injuries came out of today for us. We have to play two rucks and if fit McLean comes back in. Who goes out?

In hard contested footy you need harder braver players like Robinson and Duigan but skills really kill us against the good teams and the Swans will make us pay for poor disposal. No Richmond this week.

Reply #5

If Hammer was available I might concur but I seriously doubt it. He still contributed with some crucial 1%'ers.

They were saying on the radio that he had either a foot or achillies problem that restricted him significantly in the second half

Reply #6

If Hammer was available I might concur but I seriously doubt it. He still contributed with some crucial 1%'ers.

They were saying on the radio that he had either a foot or achillies problem that restricted him significantly in the second half

Okay He went off in the first half for some treatment but seemed fine on return. I hope he's ok.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
So what's the washup for the Swans and Blues?

Swans:
  • McVeigh - knee injury?  The Age reported that he was walking without any discomfort on Saturday.
  • Bolton looked a bit proppy after a smother, but there probably isn't much to that.
  • The best thing about Friday night was that the 4 guys coming back from injury (Rohan, Hanneberry, Tippett, and Jetta) had such indifferent form that the Swans may be loathe to run the same risk with Goodes and LRT.

Blues:
  • Kreuzer - is the foot injury as bad as suggested by some commentators?
  • Brock - on the ABC radio broadcast, there was a suggestion that he did his quad again when taking the last kick of the warm-up, while the Ch 7 commentary suggested McLean pulled out because he felt that he wasn't fully happy with how the leg was feeling.  If the latter is the more accurate report, then maybe he can return, but if the former is correct then he's done.
  • On the positive side, as long as Juddy pulls up okay from the game, another 6 days should see him near full fitness - when he plays the Swans, the injury will be 4 weeks in the past and the usual recovery time is about 6 weeks.  Scotto got through without a hiccup, so he too should be pretty right.

Reply #8
I think Sydney will go in with one big man fewer than they did against the Hawks. That clearly cost them.

Casboult in for MK?

Otherwise minimal changes.

Football is suddenly much more interesting  ;D

Reply #10
Looks like the ABC was right regarding Brock, though - this is what the Hun reports MM said about his late withdrawal:
Malthouse revealed post-match Duigan was only in the side after Brock McLean's thigh gave way with the last kick of the warm-up.

''Well, Nick played very well. Brock's decision was very late. It was the last kick of the warm-up and we are lucky it wasn't the first kick of the game. It was a great effort by Nick Duigan but let's not confuse ourselves, players get prepared to play. I wouldn't be disappointed if any emergency wasn't prepared to play.''

Reply #11
Prior to his last goal Waite was reaching for his lower back.  Might be in some doubt.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Yeah I saw that about Waite. If so was a super kick to get the goal.

I reckon Kreuzer makes way for Meat.

McInnes out for? We should consider playing Laidler the way Duigan has gone! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
So what's the washup for the Swans and Blues?

Swans:
  • McVeigh - knee injury?  The Age reported that he was walking without any discomfort on Saturday.
  • Bolton looked a bit proppy after a smother, but there probably isn't much to that.
  • The best thing about Friday night was that the 4 guys coming back from injury (Rohan, Hanneberry, Tippett, and Jetta) had such indifferent form that the Swans may be loathe to run the same risk with Goodes and LRT.

Blues:
  • Kreuzer - is the foot injury as bad as suggested by some commentators?
  • Brock - on the ABC radio broadcast, there was a suggestion that he did his quad again when taking the last kick of the warm-up, while the Ch 7 commentary suggested McLean pulled out because he felt that he wasn't fully happy with how the leg was feeling.  If the latter is the more accurate report, then maybe he can return, but if the former is correct then he's done.
  • On the positive side, as long as Juddy pulls up okay from the game, another 6 days should see him near full fitness - when he plays the Swans, the injury will be 4 weeks in the past and the usual recovery time is about 6 weeks.  Scotto got through without a hiccup, so he too should be pretty right.

From what I saw Tippett was a non event - hopefully he can reproduce that form.

Goodes - hasn't played in 3 months?

That would be reckless - let's hope they bring him in.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
Heard Darcy this morning completely dismiss any chance of us winning, already I feel confident of an upset!!  Eddie rightly pointed out that the Swans have injury worries and that on that ground Mick has a good record and would be better for us.

Need to wait and see who is available before getting a feel for the game.  Mick doesn't usually make a lot of changes once he has a settled side. 
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........