Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 25669 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #90
I thought Jones had an positive in the ruck, was OK around the ground, and his 2nd efforts get a result for us even though he loses the centre tap. Took a couple of defensive marks while rucking which seemed to get him back on track defensively, letting him get mobile had at least as much benefit for him as it does Levi.

Next week, I'd give Kreuzer a rest, bring Weitering back in as the KPD, and play Jones in the ruck and around the ground far more than we have previously. Hawthorn have lost Big Boy, they are as weak in the ruck as any team in the comp, they will need to ruck Roughead with Ceglar, and Jones could be quite effective as he can keep pace with Roughead!

McKay will get slaughtered by Roughead, because as soon as the teams spread from the stoppage Roughead will be pushing solo inside F50 and McKay will be watching it happen from 20m away!

Kreuzer could play next week and if not Lobbe will.

Reply #91
Kreuzer could play next week and if not Lobbe will.

Lobbe is less deserving of a run than McKay, we'd be better off rucking Kerr! If he'd been fit De Koning might have even been a better option for a game or two!

You are sounding like a member of our MC!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
Based on what I can see, our current three amigos are shameless impostors compared to their predecessors. I'm hoping it's just injuries, lack of game time etc. and not some inherent, unfixable issue.

And Cripps is in real danger of becoming our next Judd. At least Bolton has publicly flagged this and has indicated that he needs help.

Kennedy goes all right, he's not silky but he keeps going and will crash and bash all day.
Ed is a worry, great work ethic, application and endurance but woeful foot skills, we will probably need an upgrade on him if we're ever going to play finals again.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #93
For what it's worth I agree with you.
Sacking the coach might give us a temporary sugar hit but ultimately it would lead to our ruin.
Most supporters underestimated the dire state of our list, brought about by decades of negligence and poor management, there's simply no easy options.
The harsh reality is that it might be 6 or 8 years until it reaches fruition, until Curnow, Weitering, Dow, O'Brien, SPS, McKay and the likes are old enough and experienced enough to form a quality core which we've lacked since the 1990's.
The hard work is all ahead of us, and one of the hardest things we have to do is to convince the young players that their day will come if they stick.
Sack the coach now and it all unravels.

Hear, Hear !!
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #94
I'll SPEW if I hear one more commentator say how impressive St Kilda's pressure was last night.

I know it's not feasible but ... I swear our players are instructed to pick out a teammate who is under the MOST pressure and pass it to him.  Wait, maybe it IS feasible? Yes, I see it now - success (eventually) through adversity.  By God, Bolton's a genius!

Also have to agree with Sellers 100% this morning who wants the club to sack everyone who has anything to do with sports "science".  Spend the time and energy in improving player's actual football skills. That would help.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #95
The subjective "Most", as reported but it is not reality, most of the posters the Hun quote are not even Carlton supporters, so they base there argument on opposition fans hating the Carlton jumper!

No doubt about that, why the focus on this jumper?

We know this jumper was preferred by many Carlton fans, just from our very own forums feedback.

Three facts that won't suit the media's position so you won't hear it reported, someone from our club has to find the balls to take some media heat or we are going to go extinct!

re my comments.

They were all in relation to the people on this site, not the wider footballing community.

I just got through saying your focus on the media is unhealthy.....prove it again.
Simply, WGAF what the media think about OUR jumper.
Do we like it? That is all that matters.

Reply #96
re my comments.

They were all in relation to the people on this site, not the wider footballing community.

I just got through saying your focus on the media is unhealthy.....prove it again.
Simply, WGAF what the media think about OUR jumper.
Do we like it? That is all that matters.

I don't, it's insipid.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #99
Agree... we looked like the dirty chai latte's, not the Navy Blues....

Same question to you...
Did you like the white version or the baby blue ones previously?

Reply #100
Same question to you...
Did you like the white version or the baby blue ones previously?

Not a real fan of the alternates but given the choice I'take the baby blue over the white or dirty chai look.....

Reply #101
Not a real fan of the alternates but given the choice I'take the baby blue over the white or dirty chai look.....

So "no" is the correct answer.
Thanks.

Reply #102
Bwhahaha... I actually don’t mind the Baby Blue.
The Grey doesn’t really grab me, the white was ok, maybe not fear inducing, but ok.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #103
...and did you like the pure white one? or the baby blue one?

Nope, I think there was one there which I didn't mind but I can't remember.
It can't be that hard to come up with something decent.
But if "we are the Navy Blues" then it must contain Navy Blue. 

Reply #104
Baby blue was the most God awful thing we've ever worn.

Awful away jumpers being put into perspective with what Hawthorn is wearing right now. Pink and brown stripes? Really?