Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 21 Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Freo in Perth (Read 16020 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 21 Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Freo in Perth

Reply #60
Wallis and Libba are being considered I believe , Wallis wants Essendon but wants Libba with him, Bombers are cool on the Libba component.
Both are knobs off the field...for that reason I'm not so keen, you can be a knob if you are a Dane Swan or a Dustin Martin in what you deliver on the big stage but
the two dogs players are not at that level....not sure I'd have Wallis and Libba as B graders either.....

Is Wallis that bad off the field?
Cameron Mooney said a week ago he is an outstanding young guy.
I have not heard differently.
They are both getting  a little older now, so hopefully they would mature.

Reply #61
Two Dogs eh? Mmmm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #64
Is Wallis that bad off the field?
Cameron Mooney said a week ago he is an outstanding young guy.
I have not heard differently.
They are both getting  a little older now, so hopefully they would mature.

Wallis hangs out with Libba, and Stringer is also a good mate.., bit of rumour that Tom Boyd aint a mate of any of them and it might have got a bit ugly
down there at the Kennel with Boyd refusing to play/train with them ..Wallis not happy with his pay packet and very unhappy with the Boyd pay packet and let the coach know, who let Wallis know what time the reserves started the following week...

Reply #65
once again we need players  that can run and spread like185cm fischer

Reply #66
Wallis hangs out with Libba, and Stringer is also a good mate.., bit of rumour that Tom Boyd aint a mate of any of them and it might have got a bit ugly
down there at the Kennel with Boyd refusing to play/train with them ..Wallis not happy with his pay packet and very unhappy with the Boyd pay packet and let the coach know, who let Wallis know what time the reserves started the following week...

Interesting EB. I wonder what role these three mouseketeers may have played in Boyd's mental issues?

Reply #67
Sorry,  but I don't have much sympathy for Boyd.   If you jump ship for silly money don't expect everyone to love you for it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #68
Interesting EB. I wonder what role these three mouseketeers may have played in Boyd's mental issues?
Cookie, separate issues I think, Boyd appears a bit of a coaches fav but Wallis copped a bit of a public bake a while back for lack of form and while playing a straight bat to the media I think the Wallis camp were not happy and contract talks have not run smoothly. An element of ratpack sorting out being done at the Kennel, Stringer already gone, Libba in the doghouse and Wallis caught in between.

Reply #69
Cookie, separate issues I think, Boyd appears a bit of a coaches fav but Wallis copped a bit of a public bake a while back for lack of form and while playing a straight bat to the media I think the Wallis camp were not happy and contract talks have not run smoothly. An element of ratpack sorting out being done at the Kennel, Stringer already gone, Libba in the doghouse and Wallis caught in between.

Fair enough EB. I don't like the sound of them though, especially Libba, who could be a real handful/disruptor for the club to deal with off-field, albeit the type of goer we do need on field. His dad also has a bit of history with us.

Reply #70
Fair enough EB. I don't like the sound of them though, especially Libba, who could be a real handful/disruptor for the club to deal with off-field, albeit the type of goer we do need on field. His dad also has a bit of history with us.

Not a "happy ending" from memory

Reply #71
Not a "happy ending" from memory

From memory he was going around a few years ago saying that we had been deliberately tanking during his time at the club.

Reply #72
Yeah, not sure Libba snr would be welcome around the club.

Libba jnr i'm not a real fan of either, but him and his mate Wallis would certainly fill a roll at the club....blue collar workers.

Could do worse...

Reply #73
From memory he was going around a few years ago saying that we had been deliberately tanking during his time at the club.

Yeah...nothing concrete...he just had a 'vibe' ;D

Reply #74
Yeah, not sure Libba snr would be welcome around the club.

Libba jnr i'm not a real fan of either, but him and his mate Wallis would certainly fill a roll at the club....blue collar workers.

Could do worse...

I'm not interested in either of them, we're building something special and the last thing we need is a couple of disgruntled blow ins with attitude and an inflated opinion of themselves.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.