Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 19: Northern Blues vs Coburg (Read 7552 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 19: Northern Blues vs Coburg

Reply #45
Northern Blues   5.1-31   8.2-50   14.2-86   15.6-96
Coburg   2.1-13   5.3-33   9.8-62   12.8-80

NORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: A. Mullett 3, T. Wilson 2, S. Fisher 2, J. Glass-McCasker 2, J. Velissaris, P. Kerr, J. Palmer, J. Lynch, C. McCabe, L. Casboult
Best Players: S. Fisher, C. O''Shea, L. Casboult, A. Mullett, T. De Koning, T. Wilson

COBURG
Goal Kickers: S. Lowson 4, M. Lentini 2, J. Murphy, J. Guthrie, P. McEvoy, J. Iacobaccio, L. Watkins, B. Kanakis
Best Players: T. Goodwin, S. Lowson, J. Iacobaccio, B. Kanakis, N. Mellington, H. Nolan
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #46
Sam Fisher playing himself onto the rookie list?.......Mullett with 3 goals and in the best, must have been a low pressure game.......

Reply #47
Sam Fisher playing himself onto the rookie list?.......Mullett with 3 goals and in the best, must have been a low pressure game.......
Fisher will be playing as a rookie with us next year. Or he will be playing for somebody else, if we are not smart enough to move while we can.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #48
Fisher will be playing as a rookie with us next year. Or he will be playing for somebody else, if we are not smart enough to move while we can.

Can you tell us more about him Crash for those that don't follow the players that we don't see on fta?

Reply #49
Can you tell us more about him Crash for those that don't follow the players that we don't see on fta?

He's a small forward come midfielder a little like Ben mcglyn.

The others might have a different opinion, but that's what I've seen of him.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #50
Crash - was this played with the proposed rule changes (big goal square, 6 players in each third at a centre bounce?).  If it was, what was the effect on the game?

Reply #51
He's a small forward come midfielder a little like Ben mcglyn.

The others might have a different opinion, but that's what I've seen of him.

Thanks for that. Not what we really need, another smallish mid unless he's exceptional.

Reply #52
Thanks for that. Not what we really need, another smallish mid unless he's exceptional.

He's better value than polson, Graham or kerridge at aged twenty.  
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #53
Crash - was this played with the proposed rule changes (big goal square, 6 players in each third at a centre bounce?).  If it was, what was the effect on the game?
OK, let's see;
Sam Fisher
181 cm tall
79 kg
Formerly part of the GWS Academy and team mate of Kennedy and Macreadie.
Fisher probably played as more of a small forward at Sydney, where he did kick goals. The highlights package the NBs had was of him kicking goals, not taking marks or making big tackles or clearances. Sydney apparently didn't want him to leave, but their salary cap issues meant someone had to go and he drew the short straw.
Fisher, as a midfielder, plays a game not dissimilar to Zac Fisher: he runs hard and shows guts. However, I don't think he is as quick as Zac. What did surprise me pleasantly was his agility: he makes his way through traffic much better than I expected. Like Zac, he is more likely to kick than to handball, but Zac has a longer kick, I think.
When I first saw him I thought he would be more of an outside player, a finisher. But as the year has gone on he has really shown me that his inside work is good. His stats at the moment suggest that about half his possessions are contested and that he is getting more clearances.
He is not large physically, although 181 cm and 79 kg is considerably more than Zac Fisher has.
He also appears to be maturing as a player. At 20 years old I think he is worth a rookie spot.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
OK, let's see;
Sam Fisher
181 cm tall
79 kg
Formerly part of the GWS Academy and team mate of Kennedy and Macreadie.
Fisher probably played as more of a small forward at Sydney, where he did kick goals. The highlights package the NBs had was of him kicking goals, not taking marks or making big tackles or clearances. Sydney apparently didn't want him to leave, but their salary cap issues meant someone had to go and he drew the short straw.
Fisher, as a midfielder, plays a game not dissimilar to Zac Fisher: he runs hard and shows guts. However, I don't think he is as quick as Zac. What did surprise me pleasantly was his agility: he makes his way through traffic much better than I expected. Like Zac, he is more likely to kick than to handball, but Zac has a longer kick, I think.
When I first saw him I thought he would be more of an outside player, a finisher. But as the year has gone on he has really shown me that his inside work is good. His stats at the moment suggest that about half his possessions are contested and that he is getting more clearances.
He is not large physically, although 181 cm and 79 kg is considerably more than Zac Fisher has.
He also appears to be maturing as a player. At 20 years old I think he is worth a rookie spot.

Here here.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #55
alright put him on weight / fitness program have ready to go for preseason