Skip to main content
Topic: Clash Jumper Revealed (Read 16199 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Clash Jumper Revealed

Reply #90
Disagree. Clashes in contrasting jumpers have existed since day dot. There weren't the resources to fix it, nor was the competition professional enough. Nowadays, there are the resources (organisations and money) to address such problems and tweak things for the better. To be clear:
- I prefer to see us run out in our traditional Navy Jumper but accept the need for an alternative strip;
- I would not by a clash jumper no matter how good it looked.
- The AFL need to be more clever with Umpires clothing as sometimes, they balls this up completely (ie Umps clash with players)

GTC, some of us remember the bad old days of black and white TV broadcasts played in rain and mud! Carlton vs The Aints at Moorabbin on Match of the Day!

Agree with the bit in bold 100%, my missus made a good point, it's like the umpires, clubs and AFL all chose a clash strip independently without communicating the choice to the others! Personally, I think they must be allowing the color blind to run that department more often than not!

Cynically, and conspiratorially, I wouldn't be surprised to find the AFL asked the broadcaster for advice, and given how riddled the broadcasters are with CheatsFC supporters I wouldn't be surprised of the result because sometimes the scheduling of outfits is that bad it cannot be by accident!

For example, should we expect to be scheduled on a rainy day in the silver gray against Power in their gray while the umpires wear white! Based on past performance it's almost a certainty! Luckily, I do have experience and memory from the days of black and white TV! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #91
I find this "clash" strip completely inappropriate & unnecessary.

Why did they pick silver as the dominant colour anyway ?? Makes us give the hawks a run for their money over who has the best Power Rangers jumper.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #92
I will argue until I turn NAVY BLUE :) in the face that I don't think we need one in todays day and age of colour TV and picture perfect grounds where players walk of at the end of each game as clean as whistle.

If we must under the orders of the AFL have one I can see no reason on earth why it would be silver / grey or whatever it is now.... ridiculous, ludicrous completely lacking in logic.

Fans of the 12th man will get that last bit.  ;) :D

Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!