Skip to main content
Topic: Some more thoughts from the 'Pros' (Read 13568 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Some more thoughts from the 'Pros'

Reply #60
If Harry’s attitude is right and is following team instructions then he’ll play, regardless of how many goals he kicks.
He’s got the physical tools, we just to make the call on what he’s got between the ears.

It’s a pity we haven’t heard from Kerr...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #61
Agreed Cookie, the bloke is 203/204cm (still growing?) and only 20; a potential 10 yr key forward.

What's the hurry?

After all, it's up to the midfield to get its act together to deliver the ball forward in a coherent way in the first instance?

Yes I agree FB. We are still building both forward and Midfield structures and they need a bit more time in development even before they start to mesh and function well together. Signs are encouraging. Our defence is obviously our strength atm and that sort of proves that we can go through a process of development successfully. It's always important to remember that we are still going through pretty much of a total rebuild from ground up. I think we have the right recruitment and coaching staff on board now to successfully do that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
I think our midfield has huge upside - even from what we saw against St Kilda.

Murphy and Charlie doing diddly then SPS, Lang and Kennedy to add much needed inside and outside support.

All experienced players now and guys who know what it takes.....

Reckon Garlett should be given some time in the guts too - like SPS, a silky mover, finds the pill and has plenty of tricks....and turning 22 this year, has a mature body and excellent endurance.

But no problems letting Garlett find his feet in the 2s, especially given the shoulder 'injury'.

Have no doubt he, Lang and Willo will force their way into the 1s within the month of the season's start though if we're 6-0 and the current 22 is getting the job done, no complaints from me!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #63
It’s a pity we haven’t heard from Kerr...

Kerr's played the last two VFL practice matches, his first games since hip surgery! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
Enough to make one puke...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-2018-afl-season-preview-david-king-says-essendon-is-ready-to-rise/news-story/de22e2863ed8df3811ecb794537cae6b

This is the problem when you have professional sports commentators who have careers that are dependent on senior executives who are CheatsFC supporters!

The problem isn't the CheatsFC booster in front of the camera, the problem is that the boosters know a CheatsFC corporate sycophant butters their bread!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
Kerr's played the last two VFL practice matches, his first games since hip surgery! :o
Are you telling me the lazy good for nothing prick hasn’t played since last August ? ????
My point was that I haven’t seen any headlines about how well Kerr is traveling, it would be helpful if he was providing some competition for a spot in the seniors, don’t you think ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #68
Are you telling me the lazy good for nothing prick hasn’t played since last August ? ????
My point was that I haven’t seen any headlines about how well Kerr is traveling, it would be helpful if he was providing some competition for a spot in the seniors, don’t you think ?

Like the front page March 1st news story on the club's own website, the story explaining his injury, recovery, an associated illness and then his eventual return to competitive football in the pre-season drawn match!

Nah, haven't heard a thing!

But given this bloke was able to hold down the 2017 VFL 1st Ruck duties while carrying a hip injury I reckon he'll eventually go OK. Red heads, hard as nails! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
I think it's a form issue with McKay for Rnd 1, based on his JLT form. Playing him Rnd 1 will give Rance a free run, Rance won't even need to stand on the kid. The sad thing was that SoJ was also down, I reckon he could easily have a good game though because his work rate was quite high compared to McKay.

Weitering was probably one of the best in JLT2, McKay's hardly had a touch in two outings.

But the AFL JLT Supercoach ratings say it all, below McKay are only other players who played part games. Maybe McKay was being managed, but it was JLT and the intensity was well down, and he's a 200cm KPP who would normally have a high percentage of game time.

Look, i'm far from convinced Harry is the long term answer. I've been banging on about the need to get in more key forwards for years.

However, we need to play him. We are not trying to win the flag this year.....well....i'm sure we are trying, but development is #1 priority.

We need to work out if McKay is worth persisting with long term and if we need to draft/trade in a replacement. The only way we know that is if we play him. The best opposition to play him against would be the reigning premiers, on the all australian captain, on opening night at the mcg in front of 90,000 people.

If he can perform on that stage, he can perform on any stage.

Alternatively, you play him in the VFL, in front of 900 people, on a guy who watched the all-australian on tv and was once captain of U9's.
Whats that going to tell you?

Reply #72
Agree with this^^^

Reply #74
Like the front page March 1st news story on the club's own website, the story explaining his injury, recovery, an associated illness and then his eventual return to competitive football in the pre-season drawn match!

Nah, haven't heard a thing!

But given this bloke was able to hold down the 2017 VFL 1st Ruck duties while carrying a hip injury I reckon he'll eventually go OK. Red heads, hard as nails! ;)

I’m sorry my life got in the way of reading and dissecting every dynamic newsworthy morsel from the northernblues mate... ????
Let’s go BIG !