Skip to main content
Topic: Clash Jumper Revealed (Read 16319 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Clash Jumper Revealed

Reply #45
I have no doubt that it is the best clash strip we have had so far although I haven't decided about the white sox

Yep. I would't mind seeing the strip combined with dark navy socks, I think that would look good but may clash with some other teams?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
Whoever gave this the green light should be sacked... It's downright disgusting and I was embarrassed to watch my team run around in that crape last night ... white socks ???   FFS !!

Is this supposed to be a clash? strip an away? strip or just a bullcrap money? making exercise.

Our traditional Navy BLUE doesnt clash with Hawthorns piss and poo colours so why the farrk would we have worn it ???

ps -  just in case I haven't made it clear...... I farrking hate it.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #47
Having now seen the new clash strip 'for real' (in action/game) and not staged PR shots, I still think it's good but agree with Principal LODS that gradation would look even better - from wolf grey to navy blue/dark grey. Sorry, but gladiators wearing white socks is all marketing - too prissy. Please lose the white socks. (I understand that grey is very trendy/fashionable at the moment -- we're using it on our new home -- but trends change).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
Having now seen the new clash strip 'for real' (in action/game) and not staged PR shots, I still think it's good but agree with Principal LODS that gradation would look even better - from wolf grey to navy blue/dark grey. Sorry, but gladiators wearing white socks is all marketing - too prissy. Please lose the white socks. (I understand that grey is very trendy/fashionable at the moment -- we're using it on our new home -- but trends change).

When I watched the highlights just now, tbh I barely noticed it. Not the eyesore I was expecting. As Crowded House put it, "dull, dull grey, the colour of our times...."

Reply #49

It's amazing the spin, most Carlton fans I've talked to are happy but The Hun runs with this and makes it out to be unhappy Carlton fans when the comments are mostly opposition fans;

"Carlton’s grey clash jumper under fire on social media"

Notice the article isn't attributed to anyone, it's just an editorial dig probably at the request of Flubbo!

They just love kicking us, I suppose we just have to accept it.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
It's amazing the spin, most Carlton fans I've talked to are happy but The Hun runs with this and makes it out to be unhappy Carlton fans when the comments are mostly opposition fans;

Notice the article isn't attributed to anyone, it's just an editorial dig probably at the request of Flubbo!

Funny you should mention this... I was going to post something similar after seeing the article in the HUN. I don't know any BlueBagger supporter who thinks the away strip is 'putrid'. But then this is a Murdoch rag... truth and honest information don't matter, let's just entertain, make up stuff, use the opinions of a few to create/manipulate a headline (sensationalism) and use the rag to exercise our own agendas. Ah, yes, there was a time when journalism had standards... he muses wistfully...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #51
Funny you should mention this... I was going to post something similar after seeing the article in the HUN. I don't know any BlueBagger supporter who thinks the away strip is 'putrid'. But then this is a Murdoch rag... truth and honest information don't matter, let's just entertain, make up stuff, use the opinions of a few to create/manipulate a headline (sensationalism) and use the rag to exercise our own agendas. Ah, yes, there was a time when journalism had standards... he muses wistfully...

Should we highlight this bit of media hypocrisy?

Looks like it's a black and white case! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Can anyone tell me why ??????  we would wear this crapTTTTT looking non NAVY BLUE outfit when our colours don't clash with Hawthorns colours ???

Please somebody tell me........... Eddie McGuire is a flog but Collingwood are proudly Black and White ......... what are we ????
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #53
Having seen JLT2 on screen, I thought the jumper looked great. I agree with others regarding graduation to navy. I didn't like the dinky shorts though. Prefer these to be navy. The only person's socks I even noticed was Byrne's for obvious reasons.
I wondered about the durablity of the jumper. I think Levi and Bam Bam had big tears in theirs. Nice bit of entertainment for the female viewers no doubt ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #54
Can anyone tell me why ??????  we would wear this crapTTTTT looking non NAVY BLUE outfit when our colours don't clash with Hawthorns colours ???

Fair point there is no real clash here, the normal jumper would have been fine ?

Reply #55
Eggsactly... lets spend a million dollars on  new pox looking outfit ...

??

We are the NAVY BLUES... OK

Reply #56

You and your agenda.

Reading through the posts above yours are carlton fans bagging it out!

Reply #57
I still can't figure out why the old dark navy blues need a clash jumper, when we barely ever clash with anyone else.

Still that was as good as any.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #58
I still can't figure out why the old dark navy blues need a clash jumper, when we barely ever clash with anyone else.

Still that was as good as any.
I reckon its pretty bad when we play the Dees.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time