Skip to main content
Topic: Clash Jumper Revealed (Read 16368 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Clash Jumper Revealed

Reply #61
I reckon its pretty bad when we play the Dees.

When I was young (and we were good), the Demons tended to use more of a royal blue jumper so it never really clashed.

And Freo - at least it would be for me if there were no clash strip.  :o

Freo, should revert to their old Purple strip that was more of a grape colour and that way they wouldnt need a clash jumper either.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #62
Da Di Da Di Darr.. We are the Greyish / Silverish.... nah sorry it just doesn't sound ( or look ) right to me.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #63
Da Di Da Di Darr.. We are the Greyish / Silverish.... nah sorry it just doesn't sound ( or look ) right to me.

And yet you've used a poker avatar in a "greyish" T-shirt/jumper!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
Don't really get peoples beef with the jumper, and I hate the arrogance of some people thinking that we should do a Collingwood and refuse to wear a proper clash jumper. Every other team in the comp has one, and we've certainly moved past the mentality of "We are Carlton, fark the rest".

Every major professional sports competition implements an away or clash strip. Why are we acting so precious when the AFL does the same?

I like the grey, I think it's our best clash yet (albeit not with white socks). It kind of reminds me of baseball away strips too. Keep it simple.

Reply #65
And yet you've used a poker avatar in a "greyish" T-shirt/jumper!

We are talking about wearing a clash ( even though our jumpers dont clash ) jumper here not avatar pictures.

Nobody has answered why would we wear this Jumper against Hawthorn ?

You've got a picture of a tiger or leopard ?    so screwing what ?   what the screw has that got do with anything ?  

Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #66
Nobody has answered why would we wear this Jumper against Hawthorn?

It's our clash strip and the AFL mandate when clash strips must be worn, it's clash strip schedule is laid out by the AFL prior to the start of the season, it's not up to the individual clubs.

btw., Even Collingwood now have a clash strip approved by the AFL, they change the pattern of the stripes and the colour of the back panel.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
It's our clash strip and the AFL mandate when clash strips must be worn, it's clash strip schedule is laid out by the AFL prior to the start of the season, it's not up to the individual clubs.

btw., Even Collingwood now have a clash strip approved by the AFL, they change the pattern of the stripes and the colour of the back panel.

Thanks for letting me know..... now I can direct my anger towards the AFL and not the Club.

I still dont think we need one. 

We are the NAVY BLUES

Reply #68
I thought it was a disgrace. Everyone is going to have a different opinion but the half a dozen people Ive heard comment from (note only myself and my wife are Carlton fans, or AFL fans for that matter), none of them liked it.
I'm not against a clash jumper, but I am against THIS clash jumper.
Oh and those socks  ::)

Reply #69
When I was young (and we were good), the Demons tended to use more of a royal blue jumper so it never really clashed.

Freo, should revert to their old Purple strip that was more of a grape colour and that way they wouldnt need a clash jumper either.

I think that Dees Royal Blue came in during the 70s with the advent of colour tv because it looked better/brighter on screen. They reverted back to the less bright blue in the early 90s(?) from memory.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70

We are talking about wearing a clash ( even though our jumpers dont clash ) jumper here not avatar pictures.

Nobody has answered why would we wear this Jumper against Hawthorn ?

You've got a picture of a tiger or leopard ?    so screwing what ?   what the screw has that got do with anything ?  

Pretty sure we wore it to launch the new clash strip. Good way to boost merch sales too.

Reply #71
I think that Dees Royal Blue came in during the 70s with the advent of colour tv because it looked better/brighter on screen. They reverted back to the less bright blue in the early 90s(?) from memory.

Im not sure.

I was born in 82 and here is a few snippets of the greats Lyon and Schwarz in melbourne Colours.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/club/support-the-club/coterie

They werent quite Navy IMHO.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #72
Im not sure.

I was born in 82 and here is a few snippets of the greats Lyon and Schwarz in melbourne Colours.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/club/support-the-club/coterie

They werent quite Navy IMHO.

http://demonwiki.org/Jumpers

Here you go - Royal Blue 1975 - 1986.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #73
Many of the clubs are migrating to the darker / richer colours.

I agree that we shouldn't be punished by the AFL because a club like Freo changes colour, but it's not up to us.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
Pretty sure we wore it to launch the new clash strip. Good way to boost merch sales too.

Yep. Hardly rocket science.

re clashes.

Look at the jumpers from behind.

I'm not sure what the current opposition jumpers are displaying at the back right now but in the past we have clashed with...
Melbourne
Fremantle
St. Kilda
West Coast
Collingwood
Essendon

When those teams had a predominantly solid back colour (be that black, purple or blue) it made it very difficult to pick up from behind in certain light....usually direct sunlight.