Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 11: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 11674 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 11: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #15
Silvagni has done a knee apparently, De Konning playing well.
What further disasters could be get?
Welcome to the coaches' box, Alex. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
What further disasters could be get?
Welcome to the coaches' box, Alex. :(

All jokes aside, a club cannot have that many relatives in it's structure it's not a healthy long term situation!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
All jokes aside, a club cannot have that many relatives in it's structure it's not a healthy long term situation!
I can understand what you are on about and I agree in general principal. However, Alex Silvagni has been mentoring some of our younger defenders and is apparently highly thought of. I can see him continuing that, and it not being considered nepotism.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
Are you there Laj, or have you got hold of a pirate feed?

No, actually home watching Willy  v Sandringham on TV. I have never seen anything like what I am watching. 0.5.5 Sandy v Willy 0.0.0 qtr time. Sandy had the wind and even with it can't kick 30m. One kick near ended up a a goal as it turned sideways all of a sudden through the air.

Reply #19
All over and not even close to what we needed. What another sh*thouse weekend, with all 3 teams that played losing.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
Northern Blues FC

Verified account

@NBluesFC
 2m2 minutes ago
More
DISPOSALS: Fisher 28, Kennedy 27, Wilson 25, Hill 22, Mullett 19, Schumacher 17.

We lost 92-54.

Obviously easier playing at Punt Road than Williamstown...lol.

Reply #21
Three of the top 5 ball winners are not AFL listed,

[flash=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/v/VKcAYMb5uk4[/flash]

With a senior team being smacked all over the park by the also rans, and opportunities-a-plenty for spots in the seniors up for grabs, that is the real horror!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
A report from a Carlton man at the game tells me that Kennedy will definitely play V Collingwood but that no one else put their hand up except maybe De Konning.
Apparently McDaid showed enough to suggest that he's a prospect but he's next season at the earliest.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #23
Can anyone confirm the injury to ACOS ? I can't find anything in the twitter feed, albeit I did go through it pretty quickly.

Thanks

Reply #24
All over and not even close to what we needed. What another sh*thouse weekend, with all 3 teams that played losing.

Can't argue with that  :-[
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #26
Can anyone confirm the injury to ACOS ? I can't find anything in the twitter feed, albeit I did go through it pretty quickly.

Thanks
Would be really sad if he had a serious knee injury, liked what little we have seen of him, injuries have certainly halter end our growth to same degree

Reply #27
Would be really sad if he had a serious knee injury, liked what little we have seen of him, injuries have certainly halter end our growth to same degree

Yes, still no real news. The club website simply says that both O'Shea and ACOS did not return after half time due to injury.

Reply #28
RICHMOND VFL         3.5     4.10    10.13    13.14 (92)
NORTHERN BLUES     0.2     2.7        3.8        7.12 (54)
GOALS
Northern Blues: Wilson 2, Garlett, Kennedy, Lobbe, Naylor, Palmer
BESTS
Northern Blues: Wilson, Hill, De Koning, Kennedy, Phillips, Fisher

This makes ugly reading.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #29
Fisher might be worth a rookie spot, he gets enough of the ball and he's only 20.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.