Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 17: Pre Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 22881 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 17: Pre Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #75
 We can only drop one of Polson, Garlett and Pickett, and even one assumes that Wright is fit to play.
Byrne will play VFL again and apart from him the only option is Graham, there is simply no one else available, and Graham will take Lamb's spot.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #76
We can only drop one of Polson, Garlett and Pickett, and even one assumes that Wright is fit to play.
Byrne will play VFL again and apart from him the only option is Graham, there is simply no one else available, and Graham will take Lamb's spot.

Polson will go for Wright and I reckon Byrne might come in for Lamb...

Reply #77
Polson will go for Wright and I reckon Byrne might come in for Lamb...

Byrne played less than three quarters of the VFL game and reading Fraser's summary I'm almost certain he'll play in the VFL again this week.
They arent taking any chances with him which is fair enough given his recent history, but it only leaves Graham to take a senior spot unless you include Mullet and O'Shea.
It's possible that Weitering or Lang might be fit but unlikely, which probably means that Polson, Pickett, Silvagni, Garlett, Shaw etc. all keep their spots simply because there's no one available to replace them.
We'll get spanked again I reckon.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #78
Byrne played less than three quarters of the VFL game and reading Fraser's summary I'm almost certain he'll play in the VFL again this week.
They arent taking any chances with him which is fair enough given his recent history, but it only leaves Graham to take a senior spot unless you include Mullet and O'Shea.
It's possible that Weitering or Lang might be fit but unlikely, which probably means that Polson, Pickett, Silvagni, Garlett, Shaw etc. all keep their spots simply because there's no one available to replace them.
We'll get spanked again I reckon.

Fair enough....Mullet was invisible and OShea got spanked by that strong looking unit Rodda...dont see them playing.....
I think the club will view a rebounding Hawthorn as a hard mountain to climb and rest players so we have a better and fitter team for the GC game.....

Reply #79
Fair enough....Mullet was invisible and OShea got spanked by that strong looking unit Rodda...dont see them playing.....
I think the club will view a rebounding Hawthorn as a hard mountain to climb and rest players so we have a better and fitter team for the GC game.....

Cut out the lame steer eh?  :D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #80
Cunningham done for the season according to McKay, that's one helluva hamstring strain.

Reply #81
Cunningham done for the season according to McKay, that's one helluva hamstring strain.

Must be the tendon. That's weeks.

Reply #82

Put your boots on. You're role will be to get in help Cripps...lol.

Reply #83
Put your boots on. You're role will be to get in help Cripps...lol.

It's getting that way, there are three or four in the seniors who really shouldn't be there.

Reply #85
Casboult, Weitering, Graham, Lobbe, Wright and LeBois in
Lamb and Kreuzer out.
Anyone who watched the VFL last weekend should be amazed that LeBois has been included, Casboult likewise.

Reply #86
FMD.....  There are some weak ins....for a VFL side.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #87
Casboult, Weitering, Graham, Lobbe, Wright and LeBois in
Lamb and Kreuzer out.
Anyone who watched the VFL last weekend should be amazed that LeBois has been included, Casboult likewise.

If BB is fair dinkum about only selecting blokes 'on form', then no way Casboult and LeBois would be included... likewise, Polson.  :o ::) :-\
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #88
Carlton's Round 18 extended squad:

Backs   6. Kade Simpson   23. Jacob Weitering   37. Matthew Shaw
Half-backs   39. Dale Thomas   14. Liam Jones   35. Ed Curnow
Centreline   22. Caleb Marchbank   9. Patrick Cripps   4. Lochie O'Brien
Half-forwards   25. Zac Fisher   30. Charlie Curnow   29. Cameron Polson
Forwards   33. Jarrod Pickett   7. Matthew Kennedy   5. Sam Petrevski-Seton
Followers   10. Harry McKay   2. Paddy Dow   3. Marc Murphy (C)

Extended interchange   41. Levi Casboult   21. Jarrod Garlett   32. Nick Graham
42. Kym Lebois   27. Matthew Lobbe   17. Sam Rowe
1. Jack Silvagni   46. Matthew Wright

Reply #89
If BB is fair dinkum about only selecting blokes 'on form', then no way Casboult and LeBois would be included... likewise, Polson.  :o ::) :-\

It's an extended bench.

Extended interchange   41. Levi Casboult   21. Jarrod Garlett   32. Nick Graham
42. Kym Lebois   27. Matthew Lobbe   17. Sam Rowe
1. Jack Silvagni   46. Matthew Wright

I'm thinking Lobbe, Garlett, Graham/Wright and SOJ. That would give us some balance at least. Levi did ok when on ball last week with 7 marks, Fraser was happy with him, but if you have a ruckman in the case use him, not McKay and Casboult sharing duties. They could ruck Lobbe and Casboult and leave McKay forward but then we're too tall. Le Bois has only just come back from a long injury so I don't think he'll play but it encourages him to put him on an extended bench.