Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Pre Game Panic (Read 19503 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Pre Game Panic

I know we have the bye this weekend, but nobody has brought up Freo as yet. So I thought I had best start things off.
Pity Freo stuffed up so badly last week: they probably won't do the same again in a hurry. Ross Lyon will be after them with a pitch fork!

I don't see us beating Freo, especially in Perth. Bit stranger things have happened. Look at last weekend!

Anybody have any idea why the game is being played on a Thursday? Some public holiday? To be honest I would not expect this to lead to a huge crowd, but what do I know?

With Everitt a definite non starter and Menzel unlikely, do we bring in Garlett? His form has been pretty excremental, but then Waite's wasn't exactly brilliant before his promotion.
I wonder of the Match Committee will consider blooding one of the Ciarans? Sheehan missed last week, but he has been solid and is neither small nor slow.
Maybe Blaine Johnson: it would be nice for him to play in front of his family and friends.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Pre Game Panic

Reply #1
do we bring in Garlett? His form has been pretty excremental

GOLD. :D

It will be interesting to see how Freo respond. They are not montes to hit back hard as their form was already a little shaky. I reckon we are a chance.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Yes, Freo appear to be more fragile than last year. Their small forwards butchered us last year: most of them are not there or are lacking serious form.
We have to be some sort of chance.
But our issue will be getting the ball out of the middle.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Maybe Blaine Johnson: it would be nice for him to play in front of his family and friends.

Cripps?
About time we had another look at him I reckon.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #4
Think we will lose by about 4-5 goals...Freo will be dirty after the Stkilda loss and will come out firing...on their own dung heap I expect us to struggle and
I think their big mids in Mundy, Barlow and Fyfe will be all over us.....
Any player be it Murphy or Gibbs who gets Crowley I would switch forward to the goal line and drag Crowley out of his comfort zone.
Big Test for Wood if the Giant plays and I wouldnt bother playing Garlett...we dont need blokes ducking their head and shirking contests vs hard units like Freo and I think we will miss Robbo in this regard....

Cripps or Johnson for Robbo is fine with me...although I have a feeling that Lucas might get one last chance....

Reply #5
I'd like to see speed brought in. If that means Jeffy and Armfield then i'm ok with that. We do play well at Subi but what's made us competitive in the past has been SPEED !
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #6
Close till half time the the Ross Lyon Grind will wear us out.

30 points I reckon
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #7
I'd like to see speed brought in. If that means Jeffy and Armfield then i'm ok with that. We do play well at Subi but what's made us competitive in the past has been SPEED !
Which is why I would like to recruit a bit more of it: just with better disposal.

Maybe Armfield: has he done his penance for the crap game against Collingwood? His form doesn't appear to be that good as yet at the Baby Blues.

Cripps: now their is a conundrum! I don't think they are ready to lay him again just because it takes time to get fitness back after a broken leg. But he does have the form that others lack and he has the motivation, being a WA boy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
We beat StKilda by 85 points, StKilda beat Freo by 58 points, therefore we will win by about 143 points. Put the champagne on ice.

Reply #9
We beat StKilda by 85 points, StKilda beat Freo by 58 points, therefore we will win by about 143 points. Put the champagne on ice.

Done, lets celebrate!

If you ever wanted to travel to Perth, after a weeks break would be the time! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
Cripps: now their is a conundrum! I don't think they are ready to lay him again just because it takes time to get fitness back after a broken leg. But he does have the form that others lack and he has the motivation, being a WA boy.

In this case I could accept Cripps as the sub. Need to get games into the kids pronto.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
Cripps has had an injury riddled year..would prefer they 'rest' him in the twos rather than have him aggravate anything prior to the all important Utah ski trip (aka the preseason). Blood him next year after he has bulked up a bit.

Reply #12

If only it worked like that! We might just pull a rabbit out of the hat though?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has already declared ruckman Aaron Sandilands, forward Hayden Ballantyne and midfielder Stephen Hill starters for Thursday night’s clash against Carlton at Patersons Stadium.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/fremantles-sandilands-hill-ballantyne-to-play-carlton-20140728-zxt1t.html#ixzz38lU86KNE
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #14
My only wish from this game is to see Waite back it up.
IN WADA WE TRUST