Skip to main content
Topic: Missing Plane, really ? (Read 15890 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Missing Plane, really ?

Reply #45
Disturbing if true, it appears another plane has dropped off radar without a trace

Air Algerie has lost contact with a passenger aircraft carrying about 120 people, nearly an hour after takeoff from Burkina Faso on Thursday bound for Algiers.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/contact-lost-with-algerian-jet-over-africa-20140724-zwls1.html#ixzz38ORu12b1

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #46
Not since 9/11 has the world been faced with something so confronting as the period from missing flight MH370, through the shooting down of flight MH 17 to now the disappearance of flight AH5017. 4 months of speculation over MH370 with no answers, the horror of MH17 is now compounded by the loss of AH5017. WTF is going on??
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #47
Apparently it has been confirmed as having crashed

AN Air Algerie flight that went missing en route from Burkina Faso to Algiers with 119 people on board has crashed in Mali, officials say.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/air-algerie-plane-crashes-in-mali-after-air-traffic-controllers-lost-contact/story-fnizu68q-1227000625288

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #48
Wierd, when I paste the link in browser it goes to article, but when I click on link from my ipad it goes to a map app and I presume to the area referred to in article. If any one experiences same problem on iphone or ipad just copy and paste link to article in your browser.

― Mark Twain

Reply #49
Apparently it has been confirmed as having crashed

From very sketchy sources it would appear.

There were few clear indications of what might have happened to the aircraft, or whether there were casualties, but Burkino Faso Transport Minister Jean Bertin Ouedrago said it asked to change route at 0138 GMT because of a storm in the area.

"I can confirm that it has crashed," the Algerian official told Reuters, declining to be identified or give any details about what had happened to the aircraft on its way north.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/contact-lost-with-algerian-jet-over-africa-20140724-zwls1.html#ixzz38PDB4jzc
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #50
Yep crashed, along with an aircraft in Thailand that crashlanded yesterday.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51
Wondering if all these are connected to the new customs rules about charged and functioning devices. Sounds like terrorists have found a way to turn batteries into bombs.
The Force Awakens!