Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer Set To Blossom (Madden) - HUN (Read 22850 times) previous topic - next topic

Kreuzer Set To Blossom (Madden) - HUN

One of the greatest ruckmen ever to contest a centre bounce, Essendon great Simon Madden, said he expected Kreuzer to blossom over the next 100 or 150 games.

"I have this general theory on footballers that you learn the game in the first 50 games, and you start to understand it in the next 50,'' he said.

"And after that you can begin to have a real influence on the game.''

Madden said he believed Kreuzer had "all the makings of a great ruckman".

"He's got a good leap, he's a decent size, his ruck skills are good, he's mobile and he can take a strong mark.

"At 24, and with 100 games behind him, he's got a lot of time to keep improving and he should just be coming into his peak years.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/ruck-great-simon-madden-believes-blue-matthew-kreuzer-will-blossom-over-the-next-100-games/story-fnia3ybj-1226681642570
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Kreuzer Set To Blossom (Madden) - HUN

Reply #1
What are you doing Sheik. Kreuzer is rated as only an AVERAGE ruckman. Average at best. Stop stirring the pot as he needs to be traded for needs in this list. He is way over the top in how we rate him.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
What are you doing Sheik. Kreuzer is rated as only an AVERAGE ruckman. Average at best. Stop stirring the pot as he needs to be traded for needs in this list. He is way over the top in how we rate him.

I knew you'd get here on the double. :)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #3
Ah Mantis, you're a funny man !!

Just need his possession count and contested mark numbers to rise (on a consistent basis) and he will be a superstar !!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #4

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #5

"He's got a good leap, he's a decent size, his ruck skills are good, he's mobile and he can take a strong mark.

The last comment is absolute BS, he cannot even get near to taking a strong contested mark. He dropped one uncontested inside 50m last week and the other he took without pressure he almost dropped when Jones failed to fly. You can't be a gun ruck unless you're taking contested marks around the ground IMO, look at Warnock, he has clear deficiencies in this area as well but his ruckwork is better.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
Kreuzer is so far ahead of other ruckmen his age, and for that matter many much older, that his debate is not even worth consideration.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
KREUZE CONTROL
How Matthew Kreuzer stacks up against four stand-out premiership ruckmen at similar stages of their careers:

MATTHEW KREUZER:
100 games, just turned 24
Averages 12 disposals, 3 marks, 17 hit outs
0.55 goals a game.

BRAD OTTENS:
100 games (2003), 23.5yo
Averaged 12 disposals, 5 marks, 13.5 hit outs
1.2 goals a game

DARREN JOLLY:
100 games (2007), 25.5yo
Averaged 7 disposals, 2 marks, 15.5 hit outs
0.25 goals a game

DEAN COX:
100 games (2005), 24yo
Averaged 12 disposals, 4.5 marks, 18.5 hitouts
0.45 goals a game

COREY MCKERNAN:
100 games (1998), 24.5yo
Averaged 14 disposals, 5 marks, 8.5 hitouts
1 goal a game

...AND COMPARED TO LUKE DARCY

LUKE DARCY:
100 games (2000), 24.7yo
Averaged 12 disposals, 5 marks, 13 hitouts
0.68 goals a game

Kruze is on track. God, as Mick said, has he been comprehensively smashed this year? Only reason this is getting so much attention is because he is a #1 pick and Cotchin was #2 and people compare the two's development - and forget that big men (especially those who lost 2 years to injury) take longer.

Reply #8
So he is in fact averaging substantially less marks than most others which is where my concerns lie. More importantly he doesn't even get his hands to the ball in a lot of those contests. Not sure there's a stat that reflects that.

On a side note, where did you get those stats?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
So he is in fact averaging substantially less marks than most others which is where my concerns lie. More importantly he doesn't even get his hands to the ball in a lot of those contests. Not sure there's a stat that reflects that.

You can get them from Footywire if you're patient.

I put a similar thing together a few weeks back comparing Casboult's output over his first 10 games to Ablett Snr, Wayne Carey, Jono Brown, Brendan Fevola, Travis Cloke and Buddy Franklin.

The only player close to reaching Casboult's levels in those 10 games was Wayne Carey, and Casboult still had him beat ;).
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #10

Ahh FFS, some of you blokes rubberise more stuff than Ansell.

Kreuzer and for that matter all our 1st rucks look favorable against those guys. Our blokes had been doing it mostly solo as we have been unable to get more than one of them on the park with any reliability.

Darcy spent most of his first hundred games getting slops off Scott Wynd.

Cox followed Gardiner around like a little dog then had Seaby to assist him.

Jolly was 2IC to White for the bulk of his first 100, White was borderline AA at the time.

Ottens had Gale and later Gale and Stafford when Ottens went forward.

McKernan had Ischenko and Capuano, and in terms of marking spent about half his time as the decoy tall next to bloke called Carey who attracted four defenders and I won't even count Longmire!

Kreuzer has been our 1st ruck outright for his whole career without a peer to guide him!!!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11

So you pick the one stat that he falls down on to have concerns.  Looks like P2C's your glass is now completely empty  :)
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #12

Bottom of the article about Kruze in the Herald Sun.

Reply #13

So you pick the one stat that he falls down on to have concerns.  Looks like P2C's your glass is now completely empty  :)

Mate read my posts re Kreuzer this is his one deficiency that I've been pointing out for quite sometime. Not like I read it and went with it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #14
Bigger blokes take longer to come along.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!