Skip to main content
Topic: Tour De France (Read 2950 times) previous topic - next topic

Tour De France

Richie Porte doing a great job as stand-in lead rider at Sky after Froome crashing out early in the event .......and as added interest, here's a quote from his latest tour diary entry !.....

"The only Aussie fans who may not cheer for me so much are Collingwood AFL fans. But I’m a Carlton supporter, so I can totally see where that is coming from and they would understand what I mean there … But that's footy, and another story!"

Extra reason to get behind him ..........he's a Tassie lad as well BTW..

cheers

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Re: Tour De France

Reply #1
Too bad Contador crashed out as he was the only one to take it up to Nibali on the steep climbs, Richie needs a bit more luck  >:D

Reply #2
Have enjoyed watching the tour again this year, I really hope Porte can do well, a podium finish would be a great result for him.

Tony Martin is a machine, his stage win was a great effort and even more impressive was the way he backed up the next day for his team mate!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #3
Had the pleasure of being roadside in London last week as the TdF circus moved past. Verdict: it's an enjoyable television event, but the ultimate 'blink and you'll miss it' sport!  Literally came and went in well under a minute!!!

I think you need to be either at the start or end to really appreciate it!!