Skip to main content
Topic: Round 20 v Gold Coast : Sheehan to debut (Read 10692 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 20 v Gold Coast : Sheehan to debut

In the Garlett article on the club website

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-08-06/garlett-costs-himself-afl-recall
Malthouse also announced on Wednesday that Irish international rookie Ciaran Sheehan would make his debut for the Blues against Gold Coast this Saturday.

Re: Sheehan to debut

Reply #1
If we lose to GC can MM blame the inexperienced list, injuries or suspensions, it didn't help Ratten!

No sign of Watson, there's a sign indeed!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Looking forward to seeing him in action. Hopefully a few of the other young guys will get a decent run in the last few games too.

Reply #3
If we lose to GC can MM blame the inexperienced list, injuries or suspensions, it didn't help Ratten!

I am sure he will.   Covers all bases does MM

Reply #4

Still time for the teams to be announced but it would be difficult to see Watto making it if he doesn't get a game here.

Reply #5
Nothing like the prospect of a new player, especially an Irish one!

Watson would be a chance to come in for Blaino.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
Nothing like the prospect of a new player, especially an Irish one!

Watson would be a chance to come in for Blaino.

He'd be a chance to replace Henderson. Menzel in for Blaine and Sheehan in for someone like Brock.

Reply #7
hopefully Ellard!!!!!

Reply #8
Hopefully Menzel is right to come back as I'd bring him in along with Cripps and Sheehan. Keep Johnson and drop McLean and Ellard with Henderson out injured.

Re: Round 20 v Gold Coast : Sheehan to debut

Reply #9
Suns by 3 goals

Reply #10
You'd think with the lack of players we have left who are available this is our last real chance to win the game. I was tipping us to win before Henderson was ruled out, now I don't know.

Reply #11
If we put in the same effort as we did v. Freo I think we'll get over the line but team selection will certainly be interesting.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
I'm totally meh about this game.

Good that Sheehan gets a cracked though. He'll make it interesting.

Reply #13
I'm totally meh about this game.

Good that Sheehan gets a cracked though. He'll make it interesting.

Our whole season has been a slowly deflating tyre at best. I am not too sure we will get over the line on this one, and for the sake of better picks, would probably benefit with this loss to be honest. not what I am hoping for, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #14
If it was up on the coast I would say we will struggle but as Cookie suggested if we come with the same effort as vs Freo we should win.
The Big GC forwards Day, Dixon and Lynch will be a concern if they all play..not sure of their injury status though...ditto for Smith.

Cameron Wood needs to rebound after the Freo game...no use dwelling on that fatal last kick and needs to dominate this game and give us 1st use of the footy...