Skip to main content
Topic: Our "Line in the Sand" moment! (Read 9612 times) previous topic - next topic

Our "Line in the Sand" moment!

OK, the time is right.

No more, it can't be tolerated, it's time for our Line in the Sand game.

Quote from: wikipedia
Hawthorn players were allegedly directed at half time, by Club Director Dermott Brereton who played for the Hawks during the 1980s and early 1990s, to "draw a line in the sand"[1] and take a physical stand against the Bombers to make it clear that they wouldn't take the intimidation any longer. Brereton denied the allegation but admitted to advising senior players "to stand up to any Essendon aggression".[2]

Win, lose or draw, a statement needs to be made!

There is no better opponent to make this stand against than the Cheating Kents!

I suspect the Dawks will make a statement about EFC this weekend!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Our "Line in the Sand" moment!

Reply #1
OK, the time is right.

I'd love to see it but....
The question is..... "Are they up to it?"
It could end up very embarrassing if they get a physical hiding as well as one on the scoreboard.

Reply #2
I'd love to see it but....
The question is..... "Are they up to it?"
It could end up very embarrassing if they get a physical hiding as well as one on the scoreboard.

Of course, and Hawthorn got smashed in that very game.

But it's not about the result, it's about an attitude going forward and weeding out those who are not prepared to do the hard stuff, the uncomfortable stuff, the things you need to do to win!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
OK, the time is right.

I agree but sadly it will be the cheats giving it physically to us like they have done for many years. Their senior core are leaders where ours have the same title but are not up to the task. Ours were pushed and made leaders cause that's all we have - none were chosen for their strength in that area. Can you image Murphy captaining any other team :o

We are a laughing stock ATM and while the same group of senior players head our team on the field each week I can assure you there will not be a line in a sand moment EVER.

Our leaders are too worried about how their stupid bloody hair buns are sitting or they are flicking their long strands of hair out of their face at a ball up. Poor buggers don't have time to make a stand and run thru someone.

I hate the cheats more then any other team but I also admit they play hard and play for the jumper.

Our team does neither.

Reply #4
are you kidding? the only guy that is capable is out injured.
Murphy will run to the interchange.
we are no line in the sand football club...thats the problem

Reply #5
are you kidding? the only guy that is capable is out injured.
Murphy will run to the interchange.
we are no line in the sand football club...thats the problem

That is the attitude that got us to this point!

Everybody has a line in the sand moment inside them, it's called a survival instinct, and at the moment they look too comfortable! If you think you're prey at AFL level then prey you will be!

Further making 2/3 of your list play like taggers kills off any natural hunting instincts! ;)

Do we still run out to “‘Till I Collapse” by Eminem? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
I don't care if we do it for one week because we've done it before for a week or maybe two. It should be a line in the sand every week.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7
That is the attitude that got us to this point!

Everybody has a line in the sand moment inside them, it's called a survival instinct, and at the moment they look too comfortable! If you think you're prey at AFL level then prey you will be!

Further making 2/3 of your list play like taggers kills off any natural hunting instincts! ;)

Do we still run out to “‘Till I Collapse” by Eminem? :o

there's no survival amongst this group. Pay still comes in prey or no prey

Reply #8
OK, the time is right.

I suspect the Dawks will make a statement about EFC this weekend!

I'd like to see a good blue.

Unfortunately it'll be more like a "head in the sand" game.

Reply #10
Unfortunately it'll be more like a "head in the sand" game.

I'll pay that one, it's sad but true like Shadesy's pre-match report!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
A line in the sand has been drawn on many occasions by our mob.  Far too frequently. Our issue is not drawing it but making sure we stay on the right side of.  We seem to have this topic raise its head once every six months.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
A line in the sand has been drawn on many occasions by our mob.  Far too frequently. Our issue is not drawing it but making sure we stay on the right side of.  We seem to have this topic raise its head once every six months.

Really Thryleon, every six months. We could be bringing this thread out of the dungeon every week this season. Just imagine the way things have gone in the first two games. We will have played 4 good quarters by the end of round 4. Four quarters in total.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13
The line will be officially drawn in the sand when mick is sacked and we apply due diligence in selecting our next coach.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #14
The line will be officially drawn in the sand when mick is sacked and we apply due diligence in selecting our next coach.

I don't agree.  That will simply be repeating history.  Our line in the sand will be drawn when we stop looking at results with players that continually play for themselves and back a person in to rebuild our club from top to bottom.

I can't accept that Mick Malthouse is this bad a coach.  It doesn't fit as the primary issue.  He is failing but this says more about us than him imho.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson