Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game) (Read 35033 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game)

Need some big changes this week. Minimum of 3 changes I would think.

Out: Carrazzo (injured) Betts and Rowe

In: Graham, Menzel and Casboult

Doggies are playing well, it's not going to be a walk in the park, but I think we'll still get the job done convincingly.

Murphy needs to stand up and answer his critics like Kreuzer did over a month ago.

Re: Rd 20: Carlton V Bulldogs (Pre-Game)

Reply #1
Kreuzer needs 22 consistent performances before he is considered to have answered his critics IMO.

If Yarran isn't dropped our MC have lost the plot.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Murphy is not fit to go and shouldnt be playing.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
How do we know he's not fit?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
Sorry, in my opinion, Murphy is not fit, and shouldnt be playing.  I decided this whilst watching him "run" against Freo.

There is more than one reason why he had such a bad game, and Crowley is only part of the equation.  When a player like Murphy is limping around the field for more than half the game, there is a problem.  I suspect it has been one for him since before we played Port Adelaide too.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
See I saw Yarran in the change rooms after the game, he could hardly walk and his lower leg was iced to the max. Does he qualify for some leeway as well? Pretty sure everyone just wrote it off and said stiff sht, you take the field it's bad luck.

With regards to murphy's supposed ankle problem from the Saints game, he had 4 weeks off I'm sure that would've healed it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
Tank for a higher round 1 pick, play the kids.

Boom boom.

Reply #7
Sorry, in my opinion, Murphy is not fit, and shouldnt be playing.  I decided this whilst watching him "run" against Freo.

There is more than one reason why he had such a bad game, and Crowley is only part of the equation.  When a player like Murphy is limping around the field for more than half the game, there is a problem.  I suspect it has been one for him since before we played Port Adelaide too.

Do you honestly think if the captain of the club was not fit to take the field then coach would target him like he did after game.  Not a chance in hell, Murphy problem is his head.

Reply #8

Do you honestly think if the captain of the club was not fit to take the field then coach would target him like he did after game.  Not a chance in hell, Murphy problem is his head.

Said he needs to work hard to break a tag.   I am sure it's something that Murphy will be able to deal with and it sends a clear message that everyone on the list needs to improve.   So yeah he might give Murphy a spray even if he is carrying an injury for the betterment of the club..

* He did spend a lot of time forward. 

Reply #9

Murphy hasn't been right for some time now. he had that injury high up on his hamstring a few weeks back. Instead of having a proper rehab, he rushed himself back. Personally, I think it would have done him good to rehab it properly and get fit. he has struggled since then, clearly not being 100%: he hasn't really got over the cheekbone yet either.
However, he is the Captain and he has gone out of his way to play.

Quote from: PassIt2Carrots
See I saw Yarran in the change rooms after the game, he could hardly walk and his lower leg was iced to the max. Does he qualify for some leeway as well? Pretty sure everyone just wrote it off and said stiff sht, you take the field it's bad luck.

With regards to murphy's supposed ankle problem from the Saints game, he had 4 weeks off I'm sure that would've healed it.
To be honest, Yazz hasn't been 100% for some time either. The way he has been walking and sometimes 'trotting' for the last month suggests he isn't close to full pace. He has done a few sprints in recent weeks but has struggled to put distance between himself and his opponents. It has also seemed to be a lot more work, from his facial expressions. I don't think he is going to be 100% until next season; it looks to me that he is carrying something.
I may be wrong, but....

Unfortunately there are probably more guys who need rest to get over niggles, but they don't want to rest. They are aiming to play finals and pushing themselves with that in mind.

Personally, I don't think they should bother. I don't think we are good enough to make an impact on the finals series this year. I would be getting ready for next year. With a new fitness regime, some new blood and a better understanding of what Malthouse wants, we should be better.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
I agree Crash but I would add a few precautionary notes:

Personally, I don't think they should bother. I don't think we are good enough to make an  impact on the finals series this year. I would be getting ready for next year. With a new fitness regime (but nothing experimental), some new blood (just not from a calf)and a better understanding of what Malthouse wants  (so make better use of their grey matter, not pigs' grey matter), we should be better.
  O0
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #11
Waite and McInnes may be back.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
McInnes is so important for our defensive structure, if he has a groin I'd be surprised to see him back so quickly.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13
Malthouse publicly outed the performances of the three amigos and Murphy.. Doubt he would have said what he said ( ie they were terrible), if any of them were carrying injuries. We have to stop making excuses for Yarran, Murphy and betts. They are just in sh1t form.
Garlett however is still managing to snag goals and is not in the same degree of a slump the other 3 are in. He just gets thrown in because he is an amigo.

Reply #14
I agree that Murphy isn't 100%. He doesn't have any zip. He's been outrun by a few players recently, Clinton Jones being one of them.