Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong (Read 58422 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Friday May 22. Etihad Stadium. 7.50 pm.

Re: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Reply #1
...and the Pussy Cats coming off a 7 goal loss to the Fluffy Ducks. Won't be pretty... if you're going to the game, take your knitting or iPad with great games on it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Give me one good reason to go and watch this game.
Why would anyone put themselves through it?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #3
Give me one good reason to go and watch this game.
Why would anyone put themselves through it?

to see who will put in and try and save their career.

sos was sitting 20 yards from where I was sitting yesterday - away from all carlton hierarchy and sitting with the hard core supporters...

Reply #4
to see who will put in and try and save their career.

sos was sitting 20 yards from where I was sitting yesterday - away from all carlton hierarchy and sitting with the hard core supporters...

Where was that?

Reply #5
I'm actually going  :o :o :o
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #6
Friday night Blockbuster   :P

Reply #7
Since I am working at Echuca at the moment, I don't know if I'll bother yet. A 250 km trip to see us get pounded, followed by a 150 km trip to get home just doesn't sound like fun. Maybe I'll just go to the Gym instead.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Since I am working at Echuca at the moment, I don't know if I'll bother yet. A 250 km trip to see us get pounded, followed by a 150 km trip to get home just doesn't sound like fun. Maybe I'll just go to the Gym instead.

Pizza and the couch mate!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
Time for Ellard and Carrazzo to go.  Both are finished at senior level.

Graham and Boek/Buckley to come in as they had great games yesterday.  Smith had a good game but he is a rookie so we cant play him.  

Reply #10
Would rather have kept McClean than seen Ellard run out again, been there long enough to make a mark and he isn't. Not really a Graham fan, but has been treated badly, deserved a spot yesterday.

Reply #11

Graham and Boek/Buckley to come in as they had great games yesterday.  Smith had a good game but he is a rookie so we cant play him.

Smith was our fourth round pick in the draft, he's not a rookie.
I like what he's shown so far and thought he was stiff to be dropped this week, I think Buckley should be picked for the next month so we can make a decision on him.
This is his fourth season and he's either going to measure up or he isn't.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #12

also 2E white watson as a minimum

Reply #13
Smith was our fourth round pick in the draft, he's not a rookie.
I like what he's shown so far and thought he was stiff to be dropped this week, I think Buckley should be picked for the next month so we can make a decision on him.
This is his fourth season and he's either going to measure up or he isn't.

Oops.  Meant Walsh not Smith   Anyway I reckon he needs to be given a go.  Can't do worse than Carrazzo/Ellard.

Reply #14
Unless Hendo is back, would keep Watson, hard to see how anyone would have done much better in the role he had yesterday. Ball just never got there. If Hendo is not there who would you go with? There just aren't any KP players left? Jones seemed to start well , but , but then nothing again.