Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies (Read 35564 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies

Saturday, May 7
1.45pm
MCG

Well, the Pies got a touch up from a possible flag contender on their own dung heap. Clearly have injury concerns. Eddie and Joffa not happy. Bucks under the pump.

We've won two pretty ugly games of footy against fellow cellar dwellers.

So.........................

Re: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies

Reply #1
Funny things could happen. Wouldn't that annoy Eddie McChins and ghouly crew. :)

We MAY be without Weitering, which would hurt us. He wasn't brilliant today, but he did his job well and his opponent didn't get a touch on him. When he went off, it unbalanced our defence, although Simon White did pretty well later in the game.

Cripps is a VERY high probability of returning, and there will be a number of guys coming back to make selection and interesting time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Really liked White's game today, shows you what these blokes can do when their match day instruction is more than just;

"Stop him, and stop him, and stop him!"

Today he started to look like a footballer again!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Cripps in for someone, Jaksch in for Weitering.

Happy for Jaksch to play in defence, rather than be crucified trying to be a key forward on our forward line. Happy to leave Casboult and Jones forward, as while going ok aren't a huge part of our future, until we function better taking the ball into the 50. Then we can try our future, McKay and Jaksch, there rather than crucifying them there beforehand.

Reply #4
Outs: Weitering (inj.), Sumner, White

Ins: Jammo, Everitt, Cripps

Jammo to replace Weitering.

Sumner and White didn't do anything wrong, but Everitt will do more than Sumner, and someone has to go out for Cripps if fit.

Reply #5
Outs: Weitering (inj.), Sumner, White

Ins: Jammo, Everitt, Cripps

Jammo to replace Weitering.

Sumner and White didn't do anything wrong, but Everitt will do more than Sumner, and someone has to go out for Cripps if fit.

Big call on Jamison!  He had two touches before going off with concussion on Saturday.

I'd be surprised if Cripps is back next week, particularly with our recent history of treating calf injuries.

I reckon there'll be one change; someone will come in for Weitering.  I'm not sure who that will be but you'd expect that we'll need another tall defender.  If we're prepared to go back to 1982 - according to Baggers :) - Jaksch could get a call up but I'm not sure he's really ready.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
No one has mentioned Charlie Curnow as a possible entry.

Reply #7
Gee we could win three in a row and put the final nail into Buckley's coffin. I know there's more than a few Collingwood supporters who would like to see that happen.
Another win would have a marked effect on our culture and set us up for a better year than most of us could've dreamed.

Reply #8
He should be well rested then DJC!

Reply #9
Treloar, Sidebottom and Pendlebury is a fair trio to try and tag..we need three Ed Curnows...

Reckon Adams will be back for them and take Murphy and I would expect Crisp to take Cripps and Greenwood to look after Daisy...

Cloke  back?....Cox, Moore and Cloke is some oversized forward line..wonder if Buckley will be brave enough to try and exploit us with more size but its a high risk
strategy...

Reply #10
IN:
C. Curnow - offers a lot more around the ground than Jones and is good for his one goal
Cripps - no brainer

OUT:
Jones - Still doesn't do enough but he does have a go. Just not good enough IMO.
Graham - I think he'll be in and out quite a bit for us. Solid footballer but no game changer. Handy depth.

We still need a lot more class on our list but it's nice to see blokes fighting for spots for a change.

Reply #11
I think Jones did a lot of 1% stuff today, probably didn't stick enough marks as he would like or get enough of the ball but was pretty good using his body. We won't get that from C.Curnow or Jaksch.

Overall today it was a pretty quiet day for KPFs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Or Andy walker

1AW would be the only "out" player you could expect to come in cold after a few weeks off. He is ultra-professional on the track and will present in perfect condition for any match he plays.

I think Cripps will be in, not sure Weitering will miss, his shoulder although painful didn't look too badly displaced as he left eh field yesterday. As long as the doctors think it is strong maybe he has a week off max. Personally I wouldn't risk the kid, he can have a week or two off and still play the rest of the season. White did OK down back once Weitering left the ground.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
1AW would be the only "out" player you could expect to come in cold after a few weeks off. He is ultra-professional on the track and will present in perfect condition for any match he plays.

I think Cripps will be in, not sure Weitering will miss, his shoulder although painful didn't look too badly displaced as he left eh field yesterday. As long as the doctors think it is strong maybe he has a week off max. Personally I wouldn't risk the kid, he can have a week or two off and still play the rest of the season. White did OK down back once Weitering left the ground.

I would be very surprised if Weitering was allowed to play.
He is 18 and has a big future. They need to look after him