Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 7: Northern Blues vs Coburg (Read 35334 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Rd 7: Northern Blues vs Coburg

The Blues play the bottom side, Coburg, this coming round. Coburg were competitive last year, but they have been pretty ordinary this year. But have they been ordinary enough not be able to beat our bunch? These last 2 losses were among the worst in the game's history. I can't see us getting that much better: not enough talent coming back while more injuries have occurred.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Rd 7: Northern Blues vs Coburg

Reply #1
One thing that is not helping the Northern Blues much this year - because we have no Friday Night games, and plenty of Sundays, there are many times when the emergencies for the ones cannot play for NBs in case there is a late withdrawal - for example, neither White or Graham could play at Willy on Saturday.

Not good for these guys who are trying to run into some form, either.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #2
With Kreuzer set to miss 4 weeks, the ruck question has become problematical. There is no certainty of anyone but Korchek being available as a ruckman.
Very interesting to see if there is anyone left to play for the NBs this week!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
The player summaries in Inside Football are really good. Blunt, but right to the essence. In this week's summaries of each of our CFC listed blokes who played for the NBs IF basically said only Jaksch deserves consideration for a senior call up. (Couldn't include SOS as he's coming back from injury and learning).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Buckley's out too, suspended for 2 weeks for rough conduct.

Reply #5
Buckley's out too, suspended for 2 weeks for rough conduct.

So he accepted an early plea, with the bye that means he is out until June. He just keeps finding ways to stitch up his team-mates, I'm quickly losing my support for the lad.

The kid's prospects are rapidly heading south, The Sheik might be making a SB&C list adjustment very soon!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
So he accepted an early plea, with the bye that means he is out until June. He just keeps finding ways to stitch up his team-mates, I'm quickly losing my support for the lad.

I assume he will.

Chip off the old block. Back in his old man's days though you could get away with that.

Reply #7
I assume he will.

Chip off the old block. Back in his old man's days though you could get away with that.

There's a time and a place LAJ, and while you are trying to regain some form in the 2s is not the time or the place, especially given he was cited two weeks running!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
He'd wanna pull his finger out, DB, or he's gone, no world beater, average 5"10...hasn't set the world on fire yet, been on the list for 4 years now...gotta make every post a winner...or he's gone!

Reply #9
He'd wanna pull his finger out, DB, or he's gone, no world beater, average 5"10...hasn't set the world on fire yet, been on the list for 4 years now...gotta make every post a winner...or he's gone!

Reckon SOS might have to make an unpleasant call at the end of the year.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #10

Sad reality. Great kid, great enthusiasm, quick... but when you're this small/slight you've gotta have some tricks. Few months to find a trick or two.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
I think we wont be parting ways with Dylan just yet.

He didnt earn a rising star nomination for nothing and has only clocked up 31 AFL games.

Can kick a goal and has elite pace.  Might be struggling for form or fitness, but I think there are a few that should be shed before we even look at Buckley.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Buckley's problems are between his ears and that's something that's almost impossible to fix.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
Buckley's problems are between his ears and that's something that's almost impossible to fix.

What hope does Casboult have then?

Reply #14
What hope does Casboult have then?

Casboult has one really good trick that is saving his career, what is Buckley's?
The Force Awakens!