Skip to main content
Topic: Goaltracker (Read 52716 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Goaltracker

Reply #181
Huh?

Samo was much improved and Zac had some real impact I thought. Love that we're getting games into these guys and they aren't charity. They're really playing the way Bolton wants. Always charging at the opposition and not giving them a moment to settle. Samo had game high 9 tackles / 16 disposals / 3 clearances and goal of the year from a flank - so I'm not sure what you expected but that's a pretty good game for me.

Fisher had 5 tackles (4th for us) and 10 pos. with 2 centre clearances. A good effort.

If we want someone to sit out on his own and run like buggery whenever he's a chance to get an easy kick and not get out of 2nd gear at any other point - then pick Nick Graham. This is why he's not getting a game and why others are preferred.

The amount of pressure these two put on cannot be underestimated Imho.  Remember Melbournes goal that was dissallowed from the bloke running too far (hunt??) it was Fisher just chasing him and not giving up that saved that from being a goal.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #182
Flyboy calls for Fish and SPS to be given a spell in the 2's every week. Don't take that opinion as a widely accepted one.

Fisher doesn't have to get much of the ball to make an impact.

Reply #183
The amount of pressure these two put on cannot be underestimated Imho.  Remember Melbournes goal that was dissallowed from the bloke running too far (hunt??) it was Fisher just chasing him and not giving up that saved that from being a goal.

The stats certainly suggest Samo had more impact than I saw (I'll watch replay late tonight).

Zac, for now, not my cup of tea....agree to disagree.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #184
Thats ok Fly.  After all, we dont have many to bring in to take these two out either, and without Cripps and White next week we are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

My Major knock on Fisher is the inability to use his right foot, but better players than him have used one foot for their entire careers, and given Jack's left foot snap that went out on the full, perhaps we are better off not encouraging a low percentage execution if they dont have confidence in it.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #185
Flyboy calls for Fish and SPS to be given a spell in the 2's every week. Don't take that opinion as a widely accepted one.

Fisher doesn't have to get much of the ball to make an impact.

Can see his point...if you want to win games then you would probably play the likes of Graham, Palmer ahead of them, but if you want to get games into two
very promising kids then you sacrifice the wins...I like both these kids especially Fisher and am happy to play them as long as they are not being knocked about.

Reply #186
Can see his point...if you want to win games then you would probably play the likes of Graham, Palmer ahead of them, but if you want to get games into two
very promising kids then you sacrifice the wins...I like both these kids especially Fisher and am happy to play them as long as they are not being knocked about.

See i think the opposite.

We are a pressure side. We don't have the skills to cover players. We need 22 blokes out there delivering manic pressure 100% of the time.

Graham and Palmer can get the ball (and turn it over) but i think they lack the kind of pressure required to play in the Carlton side at present.

I'd much rather have Daisy, White, Fisher, SPS, Jones, Silvagni types who are all limited in one way or another, be that skill or experience, but all give 100%.

REWARD EFFORT.

Reply #187
Agree on the pressure. If you have one weak link in the chain it's easy for others to drop their head.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #188
After 15 Games

Goals 155 Behinds 137-1067 (points against 1366)
Percentage 78.1%

2017(Target 224-224-1568)

Goals 161 Behinds 133-1099 (points against 1329 )
Percentage 82.7 %

Goalkickers (Target 2016- Wright 22)

Casboult 23
Wright 20
Silvagni 15
Gibbs 13

-Percentage is starting to creep ahead of last years.

Reply #189
After 15 Games

Goals 155 Behinds 137-1067 (points against 1366)
Percentage 78.1%

2017(Target 224-224-1568)

Goals 161 Behinds 133-1099 (points against 1329 )
Percentage 82.7 %

Goalkickers (Target 2016- Wright 22)

Casboult 23
Wright 20
Silvagni 15
Gibbs 13

-Percentage is starting to creep ahead of last years.

It should continue to do so. This time last year we went 1-10 in the back half of the season.

Although we are (finally) started to get some back luck with injuries, i don't expect them to have the same impact as last year.

Reply #190
Officially our longest ever streak of NOT scoring 100 points in a game.

27 matches in a row and counting...

Can we admit we have a problem yet?

Reply #191
Just heard that to, sad stuff, need some forward structure please

Reply #192
Officially our longest ever streak of NOT scoring 100 points in a game.

27 matches in a row and counting...

Can we admit we have a problem yet?

We have a problem with our midfield, even with a winning ruck we cant generate enough forward entries....dont have the list to play a high possession game either, too many poor decision makers
with poor execution skills...yes you are right when it does get forward we dont have the artillery to kick a winning score, only Wright could be classed as a reliable accurate kick and you could include Charlie Curnow as improving in that area but thats about it. Casboult is a good resting second ruck/forward but not a genuine KP Forward who can be relied upon....

Reply #193
Time to give Harry a run towards the end of the season, me thinks, though not sure he really deserves it based upon form. But an opportunity to blood him a little for next season. Unfortunately not sure there is much else goal wise we can do ?

Reply #194
We have a problem with our midfield, even with a winning ruck we cant generate enough forward entries....dont have the list to play a high possession game either, too many poor decision makers
with poor execution skills...yes you are right when it does get forward we dont have the artillery to kick a winning score, only Wright could be classed as a reliable accurate kick and you could include Charlie Curnow as improving in that area but thats about it. Casboult is a good resting second ruck/forward but not a genuine KP Forward who can be relied upon....

This is it, in perfect summation. Although I like the bolded bit best.