Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 27511 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #135
We are at times. Occasionally you know who you can target.

That sort of behavior turns footy into a tawdry spectacle for tawdry individuals. I pay money to see guys like Gazza play great footy, not to see a bunch of buffoonish clowns smack him for 4 quarters.

Reply #136
That sort of behavior turns footy into a tawdry spectacle for tawdry individuals. I pay money to see guys like Gazza play great footy, not to see a bunch of buffoonish clowns smack him for 4 quarters.

Likewise, but you'd be surprised how many football supporters like a bit of biffo.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #137

No-one smacked him at all. They bumped and pushed him, tackled him extra hard, told him all about it after, and made him physically earn every kick. What was wrong with it? Nothing at all unfair. You might pay money to see play well against us but I prefer we reduced his influence so we can win.

Reply #138
Likewise, but you'd be surprised how many football supporters like a bit of biffo.

My definition of biffo is more in the line of all in brawls, dust ups etc. This is not the same IMO. 18 against 1 is cowardly, tawdry stuff.

Reply #139
No-one smacked him at all. They bumped and pushed him, tackled him extra hard, told him all about it after, and made him physically earn every kick. What was wrong with it? Nothing at all unfair. You might pay money to see play well against us but I prefer we reduced his influence so we can win.

If every single game you watched featured this sort of behaviour, you would very quickly figure out what is wrong with it.

Reply #140
Think he got rubbed out?

But you were right earlier - umpires will be watching him pretty closely in future.

Yep you are right, suspended..he wont be playing this week...his absence might give Gibbs or Murphy some breathing space..

Reply #141
If every single game you watched featured this sort of behaviour, you would very quickly figure out what is wrong with it.

Alot of games do. Intimidation is a part of the game.

Reply #142

+2.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #143
x2. Negating tactics are part of the game, always have been, always will be.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #144
Paul isn't talking about your standard push and shove. A whole squad targetting one guy is a bit too much. The umpires need to start paying frees to stamp this crap out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #145
Paul isn't talking about your standard push and shove. A whole squad targetting one guy is a bit too much. The umpires need to start paying frees to stamp this crap out.

thank you mbb. I agree 100% about the frees.

Reply #146

That's not intimidation. The Roughead hit on Hannebery in the 1st q of the 2014 GF - that's intimidation.

Reply #147
Understand, dont disagree.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time