Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 27491 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Disections: Carlton vs Weastern Bulldogs

Reply #75
there was no reason he should've missed that. None.

I was in my local public bar with about 20 odd people... I roared when he took the mark and laughed and said "we can win this,  even he cant miss this from there " and got a lot laughs......... I got  a lot more laughs when he missed......... farrrrrrrrrrrk   grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I will watch the reply tomorrow and see if it was my beer goggles playing tricks or not .... :(
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #76
I would love the Bont to come to CFC - love the way he goes about it

Reply #77
I thought that was poor today. We need to use the ball better through the centre corridor.

Reply #78
Yes indeed. They were two howlers. Then again, that's the same number of errors that are in the title of this thread.  Thought he did all right after that.

Weiters is fine.  Kerridge and Graham are not.

Reply #79
SPS was rubbish today, along with Graham and Casboult.

WOG = Graham 10m clear kicking to players who are 20m clear and missing them by 10m. The other possessions and stats become meaningless when you burn opportunities like that, Casboult take note!

Casboult, he can't kick, had almost no impact at ground level, and when he went into the ruck he surrender all of Kreuzer's hard won momentum, worse the Bulldogs are a team with only B-Grade rucks and 2nd efforts from a ruck can easily negate their small midfield tactics!

WTF is wrong with Sumner?

...............not sure Weitering being played forward has done his game any good...

We've(our club) have set this kids career back two seasons, we did this voluntarily and deliberately! In fact he may never get back to where he was, the yips are in his head now and they are fecking hard to clear! Torn muscles are dead easy to repair compared to psychological damage!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Graham kills me.

He gets it but doesn't use it very well unfortunately.  That kick to a clear JSOS that would've had him nearly in front lining up for goal, that instead went way clear of him to the pocket and then was cleared by Bulldogs, just had our entire CFC section groaning in dismay.

Just can't do that type of stuff, time and again.

Weiters will be fine.  Personally I think he looks a bit injured, a bit slow.  A good rest over the off season and he'll be back and firing next year no worries.  Saying the club has broken him - we aren't the same club we were X years ago.  I have full faith in Bolton and just think he knows exactly what he's doing and where everyone's at.

Reply #81
I have full faith in Bolton and just think he knows exactly what he's doing and where everyone's at.

I agree, but those smiles are long gone! :o

Bolton needs to get his boyish enthusiasm back, that infectious positivity, then things will turn around.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82
For mine, Sumner is one I have reservations about. I've been a hopeful fan since his arrival. Just let him get an injury free run and he'll show his worth. Unfortunately, I don't think he's got what we need at this stage of the club's rebuild.

These last weeks will be the last hoorah for many. Do or die time. Then it'll be over to SOS n co.

Unfortunately he will always be limited by his previous foot injury. A neat players but doesn't get enough or do enough with it when he has it.

I was at training a few weeks ago and he was limited to set shots only (Saturday training) and I overheard him saying to someone it was because of his foot.

Reply #83
Watched on the Tele,  not many likes tbh but thought lamb did OK and is worth persevering with. Kruezer had a free run at it and looked ok, doc I thought tried hard but was lost in the middle. Kerridge got stuck in also and is worth another season or two.

Murph, Simmo and Gibbs all poor.

Plenty of names to draw the line through at season end :

Buckley ????
Graham (trade)
Boekhurst
Summer

Sos will have an interesting time getting in good quality picks, still reckon Gibbs will be traded.

Reply #84
Agree re Gibbs being traded. Reckon his value has gone up as have heard a few say Adelaide need another A grade midfielder.
To me too, Gibbs looks uninterested. When Samo kicked that one to him in our back 50 that was short and got turned over the others went to Samo and patted him but Gibbs just walked to the middle. Thought that said something about a senior leadership group player not going over to say it's ok.

Agree about Lamb, there's something about him, I'd persevere.

Reply #85
Interesting that whilst many have bagged Graham (and even Gibbs) other gave both decent votes in the Jim Park?

Haven't seen the game yet, hopefully tonight.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #86
Interesting that whilst many have bagged Graham (and even Gibbs) other gave both decent votes in the Jim Park?

Haven't seen the game yet, hopefully tonight.
They were both pretty clearly in the top 5-7 players by any measure. Graham wasn't too bad, had it 23 times and kicked a goal + 2 goal assists. Made a few errors, but wasn't alone in that. With Cripps and Curnow missing he did ok, but like a few on here I don't think he is AFL quality as he doesn't have a major weapon.

Gibbs played a 'standard' Gibbs game - got good numbers but didn't really impact the game hugely. Bont on the other hand was exceptional for them.

It was a disappointing but not unexpected performance given the line up. Sumner, Boek and Buckley aren't good enough, even with the wide open spaces yesterday and their careers on the line. We keep putting out the same forward line, despite our constant inability to kick goals. Fisher and Jack couldn't hit the scoreboard, and Cas was his usual self - 12 possessions, 1 goal and a howler when the team needed him to kick a goal to go with his 1 tackle. He kills me that guy.

With 6 weeks to go I would play Pickett, H and Macreadie each game -  these guys are at least going to be at the club next year.

Reply #87
Could Murphy be any softer? What a piss poor effort from him today, especially when he pulled out of going with the flight of the ball. What a sh*t-house example for the young guys.

Soft, soft, f*ckin' soft!

He can't be made captain again and surely we could look at trading him at years end. I've had enough of his weak efforts. We could get some decent picks and continue with the rebuild. He's not giving the club anything. Nothing in the media, on field or anything else. Time to go Marc and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

By the way, you can take your mate Gibbs with you as well. Without Cripps the both of them couldn't win a hard ball to save themselves. Shows how much a 21 year old Cripps carries these two. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I won't be as savage as you but I agree in principal. Gibbs is actually playing good footy but he wants to go so we should make it happen and do everything in our power to get Josh Kelly. Murphy started the season well but has dropped off since the St Kilda game when the sledged the crap out of him. I thought we could wait till Weitering came of age but I don't think we can anymore and have to make Docherty captain for 2018.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #88
With 6 weeks to go I would play Pickett, H and Macreadie each game -  these guys are at least going to be at the club next year.

You wouldn't be saying that if you'd watched the VFL on Saturday.
Pickett took a big hanger but did almost nothing else, Macredie had a bag kicked on him and Harry barely touched the ball in the first half although he was marginally better after he was swung into the ruck after half time.
Sumner, Buckley, Boekhorst and to a lesser extent Graham, Kerridge and Lamb aren't good enough for senior AFL football but the cupboard is pretty bare with Cripps, Curnow, Thomas and Cunningham unavailable.
There's no alternative to Casboult, we're stuck with him for the immediate future although even Jaksch could provide more.
If all we're looking at is winning games then we'll pick Armfield, Smedts and Palmer next week, and Sheehan shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.
Sumner, Buckley and Boekhorst can play out the season in the VFL then pack their bags for all I care.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #89
What did people think of Byrnes game?

Also - Matty Wright - for an overall crap game by the club, his Goal kicking is just excellent