Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 27262 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #105

2. I think some of the Irish (and other international players) struggle with not having grown up with the game, in terms of reading the play.

Jim Stynes and Sean Wight went alright.

Reply #106
I didn't say ALL!!!
Touhy went alright, Keneally went alright... There are plenty more who didn't is my point.
I don't think 12 games  is enough  time to say he will.

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Disections: Carlton vs Weastern Bulldogs

Reply #107
Wright is the best kick for goal in the team...a 12 month extension only was a tad shabby offer IMO unless Wright is happy with that arrangement...

EB1, he could be on the way back home to SA which might explain the 1 year deal!

Sign him up, then negotiate a swap with a Vic lad!

There is any number of circumstances that might see both player and club happy with a single year deal.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #108
On a slightly different note, saw Cripps pre-match with Simon White.

Got alongside Cripps to compare height... I'm about 192cms... he towered over me... I knew he was tall, but he is a big unit!

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Disections: Carlton vs Weastern Bulldogs

Reply #109
EB1, he could be on the way back home to SA which might explain the 1 year deal!

Sign him up, then negotiate a swap with a Vic lad!

There is any number of circumstances that might see both player and club happy with a single year deal.

We probably offered him more money for a one year deal rather than two, and given his form, he would be silly not to accept it and demand two years on less cash.  Odds are we are just balancing our ledger anyway and he is just taking the better option.

Sometimes there is more to list manager than giving more time at the club.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #110
On a slightly different note, saw Cripps pre-match with Simon White.

Got alongside Cripps to compare height... I'm about 192cms... he towered over me... I knew he was tall, but he is a big unit!

Wow -192cm. Half your luck.

Reply #111
I can't understand how we can kick into the opposition so many times. Simpson has been bad for this the last two weeks.

We rarely alert the umpires when an opposition player encroaches the 10 metre area. They creep in close and the umpires do SFA. Do our players lack the confidence?

Kruezer played ruck v Bontampelli many times and had ample opportunity to crash into him. Rarely happened including a mark where Kruezer was blocked. He should have taken him out and won a free kick.

JJ was given far more reign than any other club has allowed him for a month.

We need some aggression and ruthlessness

Reply #112
I can't understand how we can kick into the opposition so many times. Simpson has been bad for this the last two weeks.

We rarely alert the umpires when an opposition player encroaches the 10 metre area. They creep in close and the umpires do SFA. Do our players lack the confidence?

Kruezer played ruck v Bontampelli many times and had ample opportunity to crash into him. Rarely happened including a mark where Kruezer was blocked. He should have taken him out and won a free kick.

This very thing crossed my mind during the game. Clubs that have after him have shown he goes into his shell and has nil impact on the game. We are far to nice and accomodating, this is were a ruthless kent like Hodge could help our blokes as a coach.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #113

Amen, one reason why I am a Simon White fan. Reckon he could be a 'nasty' fella if given some licence....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #114
Amen, one reason why I am a Simon White fan. Reckon he could be a 'nasty' fella if given some licence....
He plays for Carlton, he'd get rubbed out for looking at an opponent cross eyed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #115

Bontempelli surprised me with his size...while smaller in height he looked heavier than Kruezer in the upper body...banging into ruckman isnt Kruezers style.
re: JJ..yep we dont man players up very well at all....Lamb had JJ but after the initial push and shove stuff wore off he got away from him..our mids get plenty of ball but rarely play on their men and the opposition mids usually get plenty of ball too.
Player accountability even though we play a extra man or two zone defense isnt one of our strong points Docherty and Simpson rebound but they dont defend much....

Reply #116

We had a bit of that aggression a few weeks ago when we would target players, re:Ablett. At the point too our skills were alot better too. We were getting very Hawthorn-like. We've dropped off all that the last couple of weeks. We need to get all that back. Bolton certainly wasn't pleased with our ball use last week. Sometimes that can be focus too and we certainly weren't switched on mentally last week.

Reply #117
We had a bit of that aggression a few weeks ago when we would target players, re:Ablett. At the point too our skills were alot better too. We were getting very Hawthorn-like. We've dropped off all that the last couple of weeks. We need to get all that back. Bolton certainly wasn't pleased with our ball use last week. Sometimes that can be focus too and we certainly weren't switched on mentally last week.

No side can cover half a dozen B and C graders.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #118

if we're going to show how tough we are, I'd much prefer we did it the Swans way - playing tough, hard at it footy, head over the ball etc. Targeting kids (Mills) or nice guys (Ablett), cheap shots behind the play etc., is precisely the sort of thing we've been whinging about for ages.

Reply #119
I liked the way we targeted Jordan Lewis  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball