Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 15363 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #75
My concern is delivery into the fwd line. Sticking a two meter kid there and bombing it in like they have been doing to Casboult will ruin him IMO. Cas can look after himself because of his bulk and his elite marking skills. Harry has neither of these attributes yet so he needs to find space and run onto the footy. I hope they ease him in and constantly talk to him and instruct him (players and coaches). He has shown zero to me in the 2s to suggest he is ready to play AFL, I assume they have a plan to gently expose him to the elite level.

As long as McKay and Casboult spread out  then that at least spreads the defence.

Harry McKay showed plenty earlier to suggest he should've been selected.

Reply #76
For what it's worth we're favourite with the bookies.  :P
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #78
As long as McKay and Casboult spread out  then that at least spreads the defence.

Harry McKay showed plenty earlier to suggest he should've been selected.
I trust your judgement as you have probably watched him live more than me. I am only going by the couple of games I have seen on TV plus whats written on here in VFL threads. That hasn't enthused me that much (ie warranting selection), I just see a young, gangly colt with heaps of potential that needs to learn the craft.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79
I trust your judgement as you have probably watched him live more than me. I am only going by the couple of games I have seen on TV plus whats written on here in VFL threads. That hasn't enthused me that much (ie warranting selection), I just see a young, gangly colt with heaps of potential that needs to learn the craft.

I think he needs a few games so he can go away over pre season and work hard where he needs to improve. This is just going to be an education but if he makes an impact all the better.