Skip to main content
Topic: Round 18 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 4261 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 18 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #15
Harry was definately our green shoot.

I think that we saw why Harry hasn't played earlier.  We picked a soft opponent for him, and he played a good match accordingly.

Brisbane don't have a good defence, and I would have a hard think about whether or not we would play him against the Handbaggers.

I have seen enough to suggest he will be a player.

He might play out the year or he might go back to the VFL as I don't think hes ready for 4 quarters at AFL level at this stage.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
I was pleasantly surprised by H. Didnt look out of his depth and I think did ok for a first outing. Potential is huge.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Regardless of opposition, I think we play Harry for the rest of the year. Let him know the standard he has to get himself too, set him up for a hard slog in the pre-season.

I liked what I saw from him. Just needs to find that accuracy in front of goal.

Reply #18
Regardless of opposition, I think we play Harry for the rest of the year. Let him know the standard he has to get himself too, set him up for a hard slog in the pre-season.

x2...Think he is a bit like Joe Daniher, great mark but the kicking can be a tad lazy looking but will improve over time.....I'd be playing him every week, Brisbane tried to rough him up but at 200cm plus he can
handle it....

Reply #19

You're probably right and I'd like to see him play for the rest of the year too.  However, I am just a little concerned about his ability to stay the course.  If my concerns are justified, I'd expect the club to carefully manage his workload.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
x2...Think he is a bit like Joe Daniher, great mark but the kicking can be a tad lazy looking but will improve over time.....I'd be playing him every week, Brisbane tried to rough him up but at 200cm plus he can
handle it....
Agreed, we've got 5 games left against better teams than us, we'll be very lucky if we win another, but just have to play the Big H for his own development's sake, 5 game will fly by just like that, it will be good for him ;)