Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 14135 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #30
Well, the elephant in the room leaves one major suspect.

An AFL player who gets a leave pass on handing out throat shepherds, not that I can put a chopstick on his name!

C:-) C:-)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #31
jed lamb as tagger ,experience enough,stong enough, good size ,wat are people thoughts?

Reply #32
jed lamb as tagger ,experience enough,stong enough, good size ,wat are people thoughts?

Pace, fitness and smarts might be an issue.

We could do worse. Our better taggers over the last few years have all been athletically gifted.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
All week the press has been stuck into HAWKINS I can see him kicking a bag ,why do they always rev up  aplayerr or the team we are about to play

Reply #34
All week the press has been stuck into HAWKINS I can see him kicking a bag ,why do they always rev up  aplayerr or the team we are about to play
It is like they do wait before we play some out of form idiot that they provide motivation. It was worse when it was Robert Walls who was doing it, though. He should have known better.
David Parkin used to hate it when Jack Elliott stirred the pot before the game. It seems it has become a habit because we were stupid enough to do it to ourselves. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35
Marchbank and Byrne should both be right to play so that gives us some flexibility, no one really put their hand up in the VFL but Smedts might replace Graham.
We might go better than some people think.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #36
Marchbank and Byrne should both be right to play so that gives us some flexibility, no one really put their hand up in the VFL but Smedts might replace Graham.
We might go better than some people think.

I reckon Smedts will play too...was probably the next best after OShea in the NB's and its vs his old team in Geelong which might fire him up to do well...
Was a reasonable player in the first 5-6 games he played but has slipped back since, I prefer him to Palmer but he needs to get a bit more intense and get some devil in his game.
His skills are quite good but gives the ball up too easily at times when contesting...

Reply #37
I think that Smedts offers us more than Graham although neither of them are world beaters.
Graham gives it a good crack but his skills are average and he's a bit slow, Smedts seems to have a bit of flair which we are sadly lacking.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #38
I think that Smedts offers us more than Graham although neither of them are world beaters.
Graham gives it a good crack but his skills are average and he's a bit slow, Smedts seems to have a bit of flair which we are sadly lacking.

I think Smedts is still lacking confidence in his body, given all his issues, and is holding back a little. But I like him as a player. And I think he is still trying to figure out where he fits in.

Reply #39
CARLTON

B Tom Williamson , Jacob Weitering , Caleb Marchbank
HB Lachie Plowman , Liam Jones , Sam Docherty
C Kade Simpson , Bryce Gibbs , Zac Fisher
HF Jack Silvagni , Levi Casboult , Sam Petrevski-Seton
F Matthew Wright , Charlie Curnow , Jed Lamb
FOL Matthew Kreuzer , Marc Murphy , David Cuningham
I/C Simon White , Sam Kerridge , Harry McKay , Dale Thomas
EMG Nick Graham , Blaine Boekhorst , Harrison Macreadie
IN
Caleb Marchbank , Simon White
OUT
Harrison Macreadie (Managed), Nick Graham (Omitted)

GEELONG

B Jed Bews, Tom Lonergan, Jake Kolodjashnij
HB Tom Stewart, Lachie Henderson, Andrew Mackie
C Zach Tuohy, Joel Selwood, Cameron Guthrie
HF Sam Menegola, Harry Taylor, Wylie Buzza
F Nakia Cockatoo, Tom Hawkins, Jordan Murdoch
FOL Zac Smith, Mitch Duncan, Patrick Dangerfield
I/C Brandan Parfitt, James Parsons, Scott Selwood, Jackson Thurlow
EMG Aaron Black, Zach Guthrie, Rhys Stanley
IN
Andrew Mackie, Wylie Buzza, Nakia Cockatoo, Brandan Parfitt, Jackson Thurlow
OUT
Rhys Stanley (Omitted), Daniel Menzel (General Soreness), Mark Blicavs (Ankle), Steven Motlop (Managed), Zach Guthrie (Omitted)

Reply #40
Reckon Graham is stiff.

As for the Cats, some decent outs - hys Stanley (Omitted), Daniel Menzel (General Soreness), Mark Blicavs (Ankle), Steven Motlop (Managed), Zach Guthrie (Omitted)

Menzel, Blicavs and Motlop in particular....

Blues by 20.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #41
Reckon Graham is stiff.

As for the Cats, some decent outs - hys Stanley (Omitted), Daniel Menzel (General Soreness), Mark Blicavs (Ankle), Steven Motlop (Managed), Zach Guthrie (Omitted)

Blues by 20.

Motlop managed, Menzel soreness...Scott doesnt rate us much does he?....

Cam Guthrie and Scott Selwood...who will they tag?...Gibbs is an obvious choice but I reckon they may start a minder on Docherty rather than Murphy.
Should be fun and games with Gibbs probably trying to pick up Dangerman and I expect Kerridge to get time on him too...
Big chance for Charlie Curnow to do some damage with Casboult and Harry to get the two taller defenders and Charlie to get Mackie or Stewart who I think he should be able to do well on..

Reply #42
Interesting one is Charlie - in a very positive way. Height, spring, marking prowess, athleticism - remind you of anyone?

Who is a comparable player at ANY other Club?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #43
Reckon Graham is stiff.

Blues by 20.

Reckon the coaches have had enough of him missing a team mate with a pass or just plain giving it to the opposition. Kerridge is next.  ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
Reckon the coaches have had enough of him missing a team mate with a pass or just plain giving it to the opposition. Kerridge is next.  ;)

Yep...in trouble is NickG and a big chance to be moved on at years end if he cant start fixing his disposal errors especially that lack of a left foot.