Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW List Boss Quits (Read 2943 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW List Boss Quits

Reply #1
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/womens-afl/exclusive-carlton-aflw-list-boss-graham-burgen-quits-club-after-selection-game-plan-coaching-issues/news-story/22d98a3bb5033b7f7cff7e3d5d310522

Well he was wrong with that one ;)

Oops.  :-[

Given that he picked her up as a priority selection initially, and this is only the second ever season, either way, he messed up.

Either he shouldn't have picked her up initially
or
He did the right thing by picking her up.....but now doesn't want to play her.....and she was BOG.

I already went through the list and showed how there was (at best) 5 fit players (including up to 3 rookies) who were not picked last week. I'm pretty sure Arnell is better than the 26th-30th placed players on our list....a list which HE helped build.

So, on your bike.

Reply #2
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/womens-afl/exclusive-carlton-aflw-list-boss-graham-burgen-quits-club-after-selection-game-plan-coaching-issues/news-story/22d98a3bb5033b7f7cff7e3d5d310522

Well he was wrong with that one ;)

Sniff a dummy spit? Unrest behind the scenes? Be interesting to see how the gals respond. I think we were all a bit surprised and searching for reasons as to Arnell's apparent fall from grace. She answered any critics, emphatically.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
It looks like it's clear that there is far more to that performance than the on-field talent or coaching.

When clubs are in turmoil behind the scenes this is what you get on field, so in retrospect the result is not surprising.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Now we have to find a Stephen Silvagni type to replace him with, as we NEED to be in front of the curve with our talent management. Don't know that there are too many SOS's around.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Mrs SOS?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
The guy sounds like a dead set flog. Although after the past few weeks, I'm starting to doubt our coaches also.

We really need to bring in some A-Grade midfield talent this off season.

We have (on paper) one of the best forward lines in the league. With Bri Davey fit, our backline is solid. But in the middle we're heavily reliant on the Hosking twins, who are decent but not superstars. We need a Cripps and a Judd, but instead we have Ed Curnow and Andy Carrazzo. Sarah and Jess need to be our 4th and 5th best midfielders for us to be a contender. 

Arnell showed her class on Friday...about the only player who could hold her head up after that appalling effort. We really missed Loynes too. But the sad thing is, both of these women are in their 30's, so next year we could be even further bereft of midfield options.

Hopefully whoever replaces this flog of a list manager, can get creative and bring in some talent.

Reply #7
Hopefully whoever replaces this flog of a list manager, can get creative and bring in some talent.

Not to put too fine a point on it!  :)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
Not to put too fine a point on it!  :)

...in the midfield.

We have plenty of talent at either end.

FWIW, Sarah Hosking made team of the week for AFLW.
Arnell did not.  :-\

Reply #9
...in the midfield.

We have plenty of talent at either end.

FWIW, Sarah Hosking made team of the week for AFLW.
Arnell did not.  :-\

The midfield part was implied with the rest of what I wrote. The hardest part is how to get 3-4 quality midfielders in with such an underdeveloped draft. We can’t afford to bring in an established star as we saw what we had to give up to bring in Stevens and Harris. At this point I would say losing Jakobsson to bring in Harris is a slight loss. Wouldn’t mind Exon back on the list either. Giving up all of our draft picks for Stevens wasn’t ideal either.

Reply #10
The midfield part was implied with the rest of what I wrote. The hardest part is how to get 3-4 quality midfielders in with such an underdeveloped draft. We can’t afford to bring in an established star as we saw what we had to give up to bring in Stevens and Harris. At this point I would say losing Jakobsson to bring in Harris is a slight loss. Wouldn’t mind Exon back on the list either. Giving up all of our draft picks for Stevens wasn’t ideal either.

I know what you were saying.

I was just making sure flyboy did.

He seems to enjoy bagging out all things AFLW and constantly points out how unskilled all the girls are.  :-\

Reply #11
THE WIND HAS DIEd IN THE a$$

Finals, then 4 in a row!